Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highest paid manager to have not won anything.

180.jpg

Well, this Celtic fan thinks Moyes has done an excellent job, given the Premiership's ridiculous finances and seeming immunity to debt. Great to see a club willing to give a manager some time. I'd love to see you guys knock the sheiks and oligarchs off their perch.

I've just caught that ESPN build up to the game yesterday. Barnes and Keegan: "Well what does success mean"?

Two ex-reds in full patronising mode for about 10 minutes beefing up the success credentials of Moyes. It was painful to watch. Not a trophy in the cabinet but it's success for Everton, was the general gist.

Embarrassing to think that went round the globe.

I've just caught that ESPN build up to the game yesterday. Barnes and Keegan: "Well what does success mean"?

Two ex-reds in full patronising mode for about 10 minutes beefing up the success credentials of Moyes. It was painful to watch. Not a trophy in the cabinet but it's success for Everton, was the general gist.

Embarrassing to think that went round the globe.

Moyes himself says it is winning something to be fair. Espn ********s. Still, hawwy 'worlds biggest genius manager ever ever ever' Redknapp has only won one trophy in how many years as a manager? But he's deemed awesome. The media is full of ****ing idiots

Damn I thought the RS hired Daglish specifically because they wouldn't have to pay him that much.

Alex McLeish? Talk about falling up.

Fellow Blue from the Guardian Gary Naylor writes

"After ten years running Everton on a hand to mouth basis, can David Moyes be hailed as the best decision-maker in the Premier League? Every week he has to decide whether to emphasise attack or defence, every week he has to assess the benefit of fielding players carrying knocks in a wafer-thin squad and every transfer window calls for shrewd deals in and out. Over all that time, his errors are remarkably few."

errr....hesitates before sticking nose in.....err....dons tin hat and proceeds; The view from the outside is that Moyes is a fantastic manager who has fed the multitudes using only a couple of loaves and a few fishes.
Most Premiership clubs would kill to have Moyes in charge and given where Everton are in March 2012 compared to March 2002 (just compare the respective squads) Everton are in a much better place in a division where the rich have got richer and the poor have got poorer. No, no actual trophies, and I can see that a club like Everton, with a rich history and tradition of trophy wins (unlike Palace for example!) without one since 1995 (seven years before Moyes) will be immensely frustrated and periodically angry. BUT, (and here is why I hesitate) a few posts on this thread have a large slice of entitlement wrapped around them and seem like the kind that originate from across the park. In a thread that marks ten years of graft, loyalty, progress and a little success those posts seem misplaced. I'm not an Evertonian but I've been watching regularly for the best part of 20 years and I know Evertonians are better than that.

Moyes himself says it is winning something to be fair. Espn ********s. Still, hawwy 'worlds biggest genius manager ever ever ever' Redknapp has only won one trophy in how many years as a manager? But he's deemed awesome. The media is full of ****ing idiots

It has to be. Ten years time the record books wont be talking about 5th place finishes. No one gets or should get undue recognition for that. It's just a bone you throw someone.

I heard Kenwrong saying he was in the top three Everton managers of all time. I'd be very slighted if I were Joe Royle. And going back to the eras of secretary-managers, Thomas McIntosh won a couple of Titles and the FA Cup...and signed a certain WR Dean along the way....and let's not forget Colin Harvey got us to a Final and a 4th, 6th and 8th in the three full seasons he has with us as manager (admittedly after taking over a title winning team), which is pretty much the ball park area where Moyes should be bracketed.

Elevating Moyes into the the company of Catterick and Kendall just shows how little real feel Kenwright has for the traditions of the club and how much he elevates mediocrity for his own narrow persoanl ends.

errr....hesitates before sticking nose in.....err....dons tin hat and proceeds; The view from the outside is that Moyes is a fantastic manager who has fed the multitudes using only a couple of loaves and a few fishes.
Most Premiership clubs would kill to have Moyes in charge and given where Everton are in March 2012 compared to March 2002 (just compare the respective squads) Everton are in a much better place in a division where the rich have got richer and the poor have got poorer. No, no actual trophies, and I can see that a club like Everton, with a rich history and tradition of trophy wins (unlike Palace for example!) without one since 1995 (seven years before Moyes) will be immensely frustrated and periodically angry. BUT, (and here is why I hesitate) a few posts on this thread have a large slice of entitlement wrapped around them and seem like the kind that originate from across the park. In a thread that marks ten years of graft, loyalty, progress and a little success those posts seem misplaced. I'm not an Evertonian but I've been watching regularly for the best part of 20 years and I know Evertonians are better than that.

Good work. Anyone who holds the prospect of us actually holding the club to its own historical high standrads is a Kopite.

Since 1987 we've been patience personified in waiting for a sniff of a spell at the top again. Hardly constitutes 'entitlement' does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.