Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see this ? Where did I say it ? You invented that. You accused me of being happy with finishing 8th, which is the same as blaming other fans for accepting mediocrity. It's the last resort of some fans when they've finished blaming everybody else for our current plight.

A lot of the stick Moyes has received this season is justified IMO. Including the point about the poor starts and how that contributes to the league position. But there is no need for people to blame him for things over which he has no control, which is what I was pointing out to young Shifter.

You didnt mate and i apologise for that.

But (and i'm not accusing you) it seems that if you question Moyes, your being negative, the facts are there, we should of done a lot better this season. Starting bad for the 4th season in a row is not acceptable, neither is playing catch-up.

For all i agree with the notion that we haven't got the finances to finish top 4, it is simply not acceptable that we start bad every season and make comebacks in january when we could do far better.

The 17 points dropped that i mentioned earlier in the thread, if we took a chance a bit and went for them games, games that we really should have done better in, even if we just took half the points dropped, we'd be above Liverpool, which is the barometer we all go by.

has our form really changed that much, we beat city with a very good defensive display but we had less than 30% possession, we beat chelsea and played better but they are not exactly playing well. then you have QPR, wigan,blackburn, villa and spurs we was crap. even WBA was a terrible game that we sneaked a win. i would say the tactics and team selection are still ****e. since january (in the league) we have had 3 wins 2 loss and 3 draws. that doesn't really cry out an in form team that is pretty average.

No, we've not turned the corner quite as dramatically this year, yet. But results are changing and we're certainly on the right track. Plus, we've still not filled the gaping hole in the team that blatantly needed sorting out before the season kicked off. The striker position. Hopefully Jelavic will live up to the price tag and we'll see better performances. Why have a go at people based on how many times they go the game? You do realise that as a season ticket holder you are in the minority on this site?

No, we've not turned the corner quite as dramatically this year, yet. But results are changing and we're certainly on the right track. Plus, we've still not filled the gaping hole in the team that blatantly needed sorting out before the season kicked off. The striker position. Hopefully Jelavic will live up to the price tag and we'll see better performances. Why have a go at people based on how many times they go the game? You do realise that as a season ticket holder you are in the minority on this site?

His opinons are ok, what i don't like is him saying that the only important thing is our final position in the league. if this is the case we all should fcuk the game off and stay at home.

you need your head testing. you carry on turning the tv on at 4.45pm and then preach to us what we should think and that we have no reason to moan.

*books appointment with shrink

Confused here as to how saying that he should be judged by our league position at the end of the season can be interpreted as I only turn on the the TV at 4.45 and begin preaching. Paranoid delusion maybe. You should see your GP about this.

You didnt mate and i apologise for that.

But (and i'm not accusing you) it seems that if you question Moyes, your being negative, the facts are there, we should of done a lot better this season. Starting bad for the 4th season in a row is not acceptable, neither is playing catch-up.

For all i agree with the notion that we haven't got the finances to finish top 4, it is simply not acceptable that we start bad every season and make comebacks in january when we could do far better.

The 17 points dropped that i mentioned earlier in the thread, if we took a chance a bit and went for them games, games that we really should have done better in, even if we just took half the points dropped, we'd be above Liverpool, which is the barometer we all go by.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

His opinons are ok, what i don't like is him saying that the only important thing is our final position in the league. if this is the case we all should fcuk the game off and stay at home.

The whole point in turning up is to cheer them on for premier league points. Which we want to win all through the season to secure as high a position as possible when it matters. The end of the season.

Never mind, I've tried to explain but it's obvious I'm not getting my point across very well. It's hard when your just reading words on a screen. Also I can't be arsed arguing. We have different opinions and neither is going to change.

Davey Moyes, Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Moyes

He's got red hair but we don't care,

apart from when your use of overly negative tactics/substitutions leave a lot of us baffled as a more attacking approach would obviously in a lot of cases be the more appropriate and suitable course of action

(I'm having trouble with rhyming the last line)

He sometimes gets some stick for certain tactical decisions he makes, but David Moyes has done a fantastic job at our club. Every single year he seems to sign these players who surprise people by how well they do for EFC (and that's despite the financial restrictions). This season it has been Drenthe and Denis, last season it was Beckford and Gueye, the season before it was Heitinga and Distin, the season before it was Fellaini and Gosling, and I can name many many more. Also, his honestly and commitment in the job makes him well respected by not just Everton fans but by other PL managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.