Your Optimism

All considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan?

• Extremely optimistic

• Optimistic

• Somewhat pessimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a hell of a lot more optimistic when we start culling the mediocre cancers in our squad.

Once two or three of Schneids, Walcott, Siggy, Keane, etc. leave the club I'll start being optimistic again

Got to be optimistic

Growing up I use to get updates from mirc. Waiting anxiously for the next line to pop up from a random stranger halfway across the world typing goal when Mikel Madar slotted it in against Charlton.

Then before sopcast became a thing you would listen to the radio anxiously waiting for the commentators voice to get excited and the prospect of mark pembridge and Thomas Rudzinski slotting an equaliser against Coventry.

Unfortunately I missed the successful 80s era and was too young to know about the 95 final so I’ve been used to ppl having to remind me of how great we once were and how we are sleeping giant despite years and years of mediocrity

But hey football is a religion to me so yeah I will keep believing and I won’t stop because I have seen miracles for other clubs, Leicester winning the league, Wigan and Portsmouth winning the cup

Just remember we are the chosen ones for a reason and the good times are just around the corner

We have one assett: Ancelotti.

The player culture and the way the coaching staff have been allowed to construct a dual control at the club, though, will make it difficult for even him to get it right here.

The first moves by him and the owners need to be bold; if they aren't, I think we'll be in serious trouble.

Optimistic, or what's the point?
However, as supporters we really do need to accept this needs a lot of time. Time to get shut of so much deadwood, time to determine what our 'playing style' is, because I don't have a clue, and time to build a squad to play that style.
If there is any patience left amongst supporters I reckon we need to cling to it because even with 'luck' this rebuild will take an absolute minimum of 3 1/2 seasons. Forget the pundits and the 'should be challenging the top 4' nonsense, we're nowhere near it, that's all based on spend, the cost of players doesn't necessarily guarantee a team. That grinning gimp over the park was given time and it's paid off, but he'd spent a fortune getting to build his team his way, he made mistakes, but found the right players to fit his glorified kick n rush tactics.
Wether we've got the ability to wait amongst us will show wether optimism is wanted or warranted.

Didn't know where else to put this but the CIES Football Observatory puts Richarlison as the 16th highest valued player in the world, at €104 million. Not sure how accurate these are as they've also got Jordan Pickford at €73 million and Alex Iwobi at €73 million, ahead of Kevin De Bruyne at €70 million lol lol

Think we just need to get to the summer, Get some signings in get some players out and try and start again with one of the best managers in the world in charge, His team is a mish mash of 5 different managers and it clearly isn't working, But we have a potential new stadium in the works and Ancelotti in charge how can I not be optimistic.

We have one assett: Ancelotti.

The player culture and the way the coaching staff have been allowed to construct a dual control at the club, though, will make it difficult for even him to get it right here.

The first moves by him and the owners need to be bold; if they aren't, I think we'll be in serious trouble.

If I was to make a bet of everything I have, I’d have bet on you posting n this thread.

Never change please.

How can an Everton fan be anything but optimistic as we certainly haven’t stuck around for the glory.

It has been rough but a new stadium on the way, rich backers already in place and a world class manager at the helm has me confident of a route back to the top table.

The ship is riddled with woodworm and leaks from top to bottom.

We may have appointed Horatio Nelson as the new captain, but we are still sinking.

:(

The media are peddling out doom and gloom stories left, right and centre - the last headline I saw was "Potential crisis at Everton as angry fans descend on training to confront chief".

It made me think - all considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan for the future?

Very mate, just not right now! In a way, it's good that Carl has come in now, he has half a season to fully access the the squad he's inherited and decide who stays and who goes, get his idea's across and see can adapt to them and who can't, and while all the time knowing that we won't be in any danger come the end of the season.

Then summertime comes, wring in the changes, bring in his players that suit his system, and a full pre-season to get ready, fully equipped and raring to go in August!

So yes, very optimistic... Just not right now! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.