Your Optimism

All considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan?

• Extremely optimistic

• Optimistic

• Somewhat pessimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
The media are peddling out doom and gloom stories left, right and centre - the last headline I saw was "Potential crisis at Everton as angry fans descend on training to confront chief".

It made me think - all considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan for the future?

Ferrst

My head’s in the bin since Sunday.

I haven’t got a great deal of faith in Mosh. Brands, all things considered, has been a bit ‘meh’. And Carlo, I just can’t see staying here long enough to do the business.

To be honest my expectations are rock bottom currently.

We have the best owner we could
We have the best DoF we could
We have the best manager we could

And I still feel as tho we are broken beyond repair.

Pissing in the wind until the last one happened and he's only been here a few weeks like.

Still extremely annoyed right now and will be for a bit longer.

But I'll get over it and I am still optimistic things will get better. We finally have the manager and if he gets support from the club then I have no doubt he'll make us competitive.

I'm pessimistic we'll see a huge improvement inside the next 18 months though. I think it will be gradual steps at best for a while until finally this squad is dismantled.

Optimistic for sure. What’s the point of waking up every morning and feeling doomed.

To manage my own level of expectations and mitigate the level of despair I feel when we inevitably fail to reach even the incredibly low bar i’ve set.

Optimistic. You can honestly only be optimistic because CA is here. Our owner has proven time and time again he is willing to spend money. Dom, Richy, and Mina look great for the most part this year. Our stadium is taking lift off. Look at the players we are being linked with! Its an exciting time to be a blue. Just need to give time for our manager to instill his game plan in. Gbamin and Gomes were huge blows but always looking up! On a scale of 1/10 for optimism, I am a firm 8.5.

I'm optimistic.

This is purely based on the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti, who I consider to be world class.

My enthusiasm for football in general has been knocked out of me in recent years, I barely recognise the game I grew up with, and I'm not yet 40... Same with Everton, we've made some mad decisions since coming into money and I can't really warm to any of our current personnel for one reason or another.

Normally I'd consider what I'm about to type as a dangerous thing but I think that our board are in awe of Ancelotti. I believe they'll back him in any way they can - bad news for a lot of our current players. Thankfully I trust Ancelotti to deliver for us.

I am “extremely optimistic“.

But I always am :)

It is the only thing that keeps me coming back match after match, season after season, decade after decade.

Yes, I still feel humiliated and angry about Sunday but I firmly believe things are going to improve in the near future.

Keep the faith, guys.

COYBB

:celebrate:

Status
Not open for further replies.