Your Memories Of Your Favourite Football Hardman `Bernie The Bolt Wright`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos of Bernie the Bolt it was bad enough watching him play for us :D
b15.jpeg

for all the bad qualities , he had 1 or 2 matched by not 1 other player in the 70`s - every soccer hard man you mentioned there is a story of dad destroying them
Hello once again. We weren't being ignorant last night, it's more a case of our game against The Foxes was about to commence.
However, your Dad. He is remembered by most my age, and for someone who played only a relative handful of matches for us, that is quite remarkable. Even more remarkable for the fact it was about 300 years ago.
Truth is, Bernie was possibly more infamous, than famous, but, he played for us, and someone you would rather have on your side, than be opposing.
But, and this is a huge compliment, he was sought after; and signed, by one of the greatest managers of his era, and for one of the greatest clubs in the world. He pulled on the (tightest) famous Royal Blue jersey. He played on the hallowed turf, that is Goodison Park. He scored for Everton F.C.
Saving the best until last. He strode onto the onion patch at Cesspool, and clattered Tommy the shoitehouse Smith, AND, got paid, and adored, for doing so ( Ask @Joey66 who is roughly my age, and I'm sure he will concur).
God Bless Berniie, Never the greatest, but ,never forgotten. Shame as it was possibly a step too far at such a young age, and probably tried too hard.

Hello once again. We weren't being ignorant last night, it's more a case of our game against The Foxes was about to commence.
However, your Dad. He is remembered by most my age, and for someone who played only a relative handful of matches for us, that is quite remarkable. Even more remarkable for the fact it was about 300 years ago.
Truth is, Bernie was possibly more infamous, than famous, but, he played for us, and someone you would rather have on your side, than be opposing.
But, and this is a huge compliment, he was sought after; and signed, by one of the greatest managers of his era, and for one of the greatest clubs in the world. He pulled on the (tightest) famous Royal Blue jersey. He played on the hallowed turf, that is Goodison Park. He scored for Everton F.C.
Saving the best until last. He strode onto the onion patch at Cesspool, and clattered Tommy the shoitehouse Smith, AND, got paid, and adored, for doing so ( Ask @Joey66 who is roughly my age, and I'm sure he will concur).
God Bless Berniie, Never the greatest, but ,never forgotten. Shame as it was possibly a step too far at such a young age, and probably tried too hard.
A nice way of what the hell did the Catt see in him ......- Bernie was always in that kit that never fit him - tried hard scored a few - but my older brothers mate we were away at Leicester the old Filbert Street & out Bernie came, he shouted about the size of him & the kit that never fit him - comedy value alone..... we won that day - at one time Bernie went down as the worst player we ever purchased...... I think that has been surpassed now.....

A nice way of what the hell did the Catt see in him ......- Bernie was always in that kit that never fit him - tried hard scored a few - but my older brothers mate we were away at Leicester the old Filbert Street & out Bernie came, he shouted about the size of him & the kit that never fit him - comedy value alone..... we won that day - at one time Bernie went down as the worst player we ever purchased...... I think that has been surpassed now.....
[/QUOte
watch the game last night

“He came into training one Monday morning with his face full of cuts.. Apparently he was in dispute with the owner of an Indian restaurant where Bernie wouldn’t pay the bill as he thought the quality of the food wasn’t up to scratch. He was adamant he was not paying It seems there was a bit of a fracas as he was lashing out at the kitchen staff who were in turn prodding his face with forks!

Hahaha that's amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.