Your Memories Of Your Favourite Football Hardman `Bernie The Bolt Wright`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that when he was chasing the Catt around Bellefield?;)lol
The Catt left Labby to sort him out & hid in a wardrobe in the office - the rest of the team helped Labby to lob him & his Xmas hamper he had hammered drunk as a skunk onto the back of the tractor - that's the alleged story that was going around - he was transferred ASAP after that, back to where he came from .... lol

The Catt left Labby to sort him out & hid in a wardrobe in the office - the rest of the team helped Labby to lob him & his Xmas hamper he had hammered drunk as a skunk onto the back of the tractor - that's the alleged story that was going around - he was transferred ASAP after that, back to where he came from .... lol
Young, stupid, drunk as a skunk, chasing the boss with a golf club or whatever... we've all been there

Did you ever see him play I did .......LOL......kit never fitted him in the days of tight shorts too LOL......
he was rotten at everton , but couldnt change it ,, he done really well at walsall ,,bradford ,port vale , 9 years well paid non league ,, but everton fans love him for some reason perhaps we all relate to the rags to riches story ,, to much to soon

Did you ever see him play I did .......LOL......kit never fitted him in the days of tight shorts too LOL......
Yep, thunder thighs.
God...and me (and I suspect, a few others) we both love a trier...Lord knows there's a few now could try as hard.
We all 'k up, Bernie knows he did and puts his hands up to it, so fairplay to him.
He wore the shirt, trod the turf, scored a goal or two...he gets a pass from me.

Yep, thunder thighs.
God...and me (and I suspect, a few others) we both love a trier...Lord knows there's a few now could try as hard.
We all 'k up, Bernie knows he did and puts his hands up to it, so fairplay to him.
He wore the shirt, trod the turf, scored a goal or two...he gets a pass from me.
yes deg ,, its about as good as it gets , he learned well , cuz he left a much better player than the 1 that arrived ,, again walsall benefited money wise and the player coached for them x

I remember the day dad finally called it a day , i had been floating around the non-league clubs with dad as a supporter when i was 7 yrs old and on wards , my best days being the gloucester city days , seen some good young players , some good old pros , players bar after most games , banter flying etc , he was normally in good form , playing for money was nearing the end and i watched him run out for knowle in the midland comb in his very late 30`s , tragic , his strike partner being a rather small rather round gent , he stood for 10 mins just watching the game i knew he was thinking this is absolute ■■■■ get me out of here , indeed the 1 and only game for knowle being his last ever game on what was a colourful career , when he come out of his daydream that day knowle won and he scored the winner and amazingly his last goal was from a deep cross from the left and he rose 14 yards out to power a header into the top corner , seemed fitting a power header being his last goal , even paul broadhurst clapped the goal. however that was not the end but its not for me to say what happened on his return in 1995 - thats for him to chat about .

The walsall 3 man utd 2 1974/5 ...........................alan buckley (2) bernie wright

cvcv.jpeg

I would have been at all or most of those games :)

I very rarely missed in the 70s, before marriage and kids intervened :)

This is the best thread ever.

Bernie Wright’s name has endured down the Everton decades.

To achieve cult status on the back of a mere ten appearances is testament to that fact.

Bernie, if you get to read this post please know this thread, which I just discovered tonight, has brought a smile to my arl face.

Vying for a place in the team with George Telfer and Rod Belfitt among others,

Little Joe Harper as well.

Thanks for starting it, cw ;)
im not sure he can be forgotten he still is the ghost of bellfield

Status
Not open for further replies.