young everton fans

Who are the better blues?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn right, being a young blue like me and having the older lot talk about the 60's, Mersey millionaires and the holy trinity talking down on us because we never saw them is not fun at all.

I think they should be a bit more sensitive to the younger people, I'd like to think I would be in their situation.

Saying that thank god I got to see league and cup winning sides in the 80's and 95 though, I don't think I would have coped else... :p

a 13 year period of no success sandwiched by leagues facups and European cup. How did you survive!
RS very dominant then, as our star was waning, which puts a different perspective on things. That period was the birth of the modern koppite virus so we must empathise with fellow Blues who lived through it.

Damn right, being a young blue like me and having the older lot talk about the 60's, Mersey millionaires and the holy trinity talking down on us because we never saw them is not fun at all.

I think they should be a bit more sensitive to the younger people, I'd like to think I would be in their situation.

Saying that thank god I got to see league and cup winning sides in the 80's and 95 though, I don't think I would have coped else... :p
Who are you kidding? If you remember the glorious and wonderful 80s, well you're in the older bracket. If you remember 95, you're edging towards it too!

Who are you kidding? If you remember the glorious and wonderful 80s, well you're in the older bracket. If you remember 95, you're edging towards it too!

That is the most damming of all statistics. 25 bleeding years! Doesn't feel that long ago at all, I don't know if that's because what getting older feels like or it's because that memory is stored in my brain as a vivid time capsule and if we had gone on to win multiple trophies since whether it would feel like it was a long time ago.

I was born in 57
Apparently I went to see us win League in 63
I saw us win Cup in 66
I saw us win League in 70
Then 14 barren years till 84
Then a harvest of glory in 85
And who knows what would have happened in European Cup?
More League glory in 87
And who knows what in European cup
And then the Cup in 95

I have been lucky
My son hasnt seen us win anything. I just buy him dvds for his birthday
I can only hope I see us winning something else in my lifetime but I’m not optimistic
I just hope my son sees us winning something in his lifetime...

Status
Not open for further replies.