Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellis Simms was an unused sub for last nights 1-0 win against MK Dons. Nothing to worry about though as, according to Blackpool boss Neil Critchley, Simms is still getting up to speed with the demands of playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday.
Critchley said: “He’s a young player, he’s leading the line and him and Jerry (Yates) put themselves about with a physical presence.
“I think that was his fifth start (Wimbledon) and physically it’s taken a lot out of him playing so many games in such a short period of time. But he’s got to get used to that.
“Nevertheless, it was a great moment for him and I’m delighted he got that goal at Bloomfield Road. That’s the sort of typical goal he scores. He’s a poacher, he’s a penalty box player. “

Good to see one of our young players being well looked after.

He's by no means young, but for the sake of efficiency I'll mention Cenk Tosun here:

He's injured, and missed the most recent game on the 26th.

He's made one appearance so far, two weeks ago. 30 mins off the bench against a mob who are second from bottom in the division. Scored twice in a 3-0 win.

TL;DR - absolutely standard from Conk.
Conk-watch update:

He's now missed three consecutive games with an injury.

EDIT: for added misery, a Yannick Bolasie update:

4 appearances for Boro so far. No goals, no assists. Yet to complete a full 90 minutes.

I guess there's a reason this thread is primarily devoted to young players out on loan.

Last edited:
Connolly is captaining Fleetwood a fair bit now. Simms has some decent stats altogether with his goal contributions which is promising.

With 12 subs being allowed in Europe might be worth keeping Simms in the squad next season at least for the group games. I'd like to see Connolly get a permanent contract somewhere as he was willing to take a pay cut to play so hopefully it will pay off.

Gibson is also back on the bench at Reading which means he must be over his injury problems. This season has been an absolute waste for him.

Gordon on the bench let's hope he gets at least half an hour.

With 12 subs being allowed in Europe might be worth keeping Simms in the squad next season at least for the group games. I'd like to see Connolly get a permanent contract somewhere as he was willing to take a pay cut to play so hopefully it will pay off.

Gibson is also back on the bench at Reading which means he must be over his injury problems. This season has been an absolute waste for him.

Gordon on the bench let's hope he gets at least half an hour.

Do you know if Gordon is getting much playing time? Saw some good reviews on him when he first went there.

Anyone pay any attention to Scottish football? JJK has played eight full games for Celtic since the start of February and I'm wondering if he's been impressive, or just better than the other choices they have available.

Anyone pay any attention to Scottish football? JJK has played eight full games for Celtic since the start of February and I'm wondering if he's been impressive, or just better than the other choices they have available.
JJK has done well in his time at Celtic, had a good game in their 1-0 win against Aberdeen. Celtic have generally lost the plot lately not a lot of heart in the team, as a result hes made some good runs and crosses with nobody getting on the end of them. The general thinking is that they should keep him on a permanent basis, but won’t pay the £10 mill we apparently wanted earlier in the season, and of course all dependent on the next manager.

JJK has done well in his time at Celtic, had a good game in their 1-0 win against Aberdeen. Celtic have generally lost the plot lately not a lot of heart in the team, as a result hes made some good runs and crosses with nobody getting on the end of them. The general thinking is that they should keep him on a permanent basis, but won’t pay the £10 mill we apparently wanted earlier in the season, and of course all dependent on the next manager.
Thank you mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.