Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon and Branthwaite on the bench. Not great loans for either but especially Branthwaite.
Think the Gordon loan is much more disappointing so far. It’s always going to be difficult playing centre half at branthwaite’s age and he did have a decent spell when he first went. I think you’d expect a 20 year old attacking player to be in a better position to make an impact though. This season - so far - hasn’t gone to plan at all for Gordon. Obviously not writing him off but I think a massive improvement is needed if he’s going to make it here.

I watched the Reading game yesterday. I thought Gibson did ok. One poor header aside he did everything that was asked of him. He played left back and you could tell it wasn't his natural position but he certainly didn't let anyone down. He might be worth having in the squad next season as back up left back and a 5th option at CB which would allow Nkounkou and Branthwaite to go on loan to continue their developments.

If we qualify for Europe I would keep Gibson, Gordon and Simms for the squad next season. There is 12 places on the bench and we will only be able to name a 22 man squad next season due to only having Tom Davies meeting club trained criteria. These 3 will give our squad a little extra depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.