Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Wycombe Wanderers - Dennis Adeniran started and was taken off in the 64th minute of a 2-1 away win over Birmingham City

OS Match Report
"Dennis Adeniran made an important block as space opened up for Ivan Sanchez to get a shot away from just inside the area"

Twitter stuff
51: A rare loose pass from Adeniran gives Birmingham a chance as Bela plays in Jutkiewicz, but he shoots early and Allsop saves.

Fan comment
"Adnerian looking classy again so far."

League One
Fleetwood Town - on Tuesday evening Callum Connolly played full match in 2-3 away defeat to Charlton Athletic

OS Match Report
"At the other end, Fleetwood almost levelled the score when Paul Coutts latched onto a loose ball on the right-hand side. His looping delivery into the box was headed over by an unmarked Callum Connolly."

Lewis Gibson was an unused substitute for Reading once again.
I noticed Wycombe scored their goals after he went off, hopefully not an indication of anything. And Lucas Jutkiewicz I see still playing and at Birmingham, we had high hopes for him once.

I noticed Wycombe scored their goals after he went off, hopefully not an indication of anything. And Lucas Jutkiewicz I see still playing and at Birmingham, we had high hopes for him once.

Lucas has done well down the leagues. Did well at Coventry I think to get the move to Birmingham and he's consistently scored for them.

Always worth a punt. Even it takes 10 Lukes to find the 1 DCL we'll always come out if it well.

Lucas has done well down the leagues. Did well at Coventry I think to get the move to Birmingham and he's consistently scored for them.

Always worth a punt. Even it takes 10 Lukes to find the 1 DCL we'll always come out if it well.
Speaking of which, an interesting article on the beeb site about Benfica's academy. Some things I hope we're doing already, and some things we can take/learn from as well I'm sure.

Didn't Virginia go to Reading and sit on the bench and all? We should swerve sending anyone there in future, the bad bums.

Hopefully we can recall Gibbo in Jan and send him somewhere else.
Virginia started off playing but made a series of errors leading to him being dropped and eventually coming back to the club.

Speaking of which, an interesting article on the beeb site about Benfica's academy. Some things I hope we're doing already, and some things we can take/learn from as well I'm sure.

Virginia started off playing but made a series of errors leading to him being dropped and eventually coming back to the club.
Thanks for sharing that article. The portuguese have to be one of the best at bringing young players through. Benfica and Sporting are churning them out every season

There has to be something in the way some Dutch clubs and Portuguese clubs keep spitting out talent, we should be copying there models.

Thank you for the clarification, Sir.

Sounds like he’s ready to take Pickford’s place!!

Well, it's not going great, 2-0 down through two absolute howlers from their defence. Little to do with Gibson though, he's looked alright so far.
Just now he should have scored from six yards out, but missed the header completely.

And in the closing seconds Gibson gifts Stoke a third. I'm afraid he hasn't taken his chance there. Might be a while before we see him on the pitch again.

Championship
Reading - Lewis Gibson played full match in 0-3 home defeat to Stoke City

OS Match Report
"Gibson could have halved the deficit soon after, but his header couldn't carry enough punch to trouble Gunn."
"And with the last kick of the game, Stoke added a third when Brown pounced on a mistake from Gibson at the back to race clear and pass the ball into an empty net for 3-0."

Twitter stuff
38' Great chance to get back into it as a free-kick from wide on the right comes all the way through to @LewisGippa3
on the far side, but he can't quite make a true contact and Gunn scoops up.

Fan comments
"I didn't think Gibson did too badly-one big error when the game was over and hopefully he doesn't join the walking wounded after crashing into the post in an attempt to make up for his error."
"...individual errors are killing us. Thought Gibson did well until then."
"Thought he looked pretty good until then"

FA Cup
Fleetwood Town - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in a 0-2 away defeat to Hull City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
25' Connolly held firm on the edge of Fleetwood's box as the bouncing ball found Whelan who looked for Saunders over the top of Hull's defence but it's just over hit.
57' Callum Connolly is booked following his reaction to George Honeyman.
59' Hull play through Fleetwood's press as the ball found Elder but his cross is dealt with from Connolly.

Dennis Adeniran was an unused sub for Wycombe Wanderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.