Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he's done very well from what I could gather. Some mentions on twitter about important blocks and a battling performance. Pretty much what we know he brings, I guess, but at Championship level. Let's hope it leads to more.

Some impressions from their forums:

"Shout out to Laurent, Moore and Gibson who all had terrific games."
"Laurent outstanding. Moore terrific. A word for Gibson he did really well."
"Big up to Gibson who did not put a foot wrong after he came on."
"A reassuring performance from Gibson. He will get game time now and is very likely to stay in January."
"Thought Gibson was excellent. A no nonsense left back, positionally very astute. Lacked attacking prowess but I can accept that so long as he’s not a liability defensively."

And he's done very well from what I could gather. Some mentions on twitter about important blocks and a battling performance. Pretty much what we know he brings, I guess, but at Championship level. Let's hope it leads to more.

Some impressions from their forums:

"Shout out to Laurent, Moore and Gibson who all had terrific games."
"Laurent outstanding. Moore terrific. A word for Gibson he did really well."
"Big up to Gibson who did not put a foot wrong after he came on."
"A reassuring performance from Gibson. He will get game time now and is very likely to stay in January."
"Thought Gibson was excellent. A no nonsense left back, positionally very astute. Lacked attacking prowess but I can accept that so long as he’s not a liability defensively."
Good to finally see a bit of good news on Gibson's loan. Hopefully he can stay in the team and kick on from here.

I think gibson is one of those players that will leave everton, end up back in the prem soon via a promoted club and go on to have a solid career. It's a shame, from what I've seen of him I like him as a player.

Always find it weird some of these players that have solid pro careers having never made an appearance for us (even cups), considering some of the bang average senior pros weve had.

I think gibson is one of those players that will leave everton, end up back in the prem soon via a promoted club and go on to have a solid career. It's a shame, from what I've seen of him I like him as a player.

Always find it weird some of these players that have solid pro careers having never made an appearance for us (even cups), considering some of the bang average senior pros weve had.

A bit like Duffy at Brighton I feel.

Bit of a mixed day today for Gibson. I thought, he did alright for the most part, but got beaten easily a couple of times as well. In particular, he was absolutely rinsed by Aarons, who then went on to win the game-winning penalty.
That being said, he probably played against Premier League quality players in Max Aarons and Emi Buendia. It won't get more difficult than this in the Championship, and apart from those two or three wobbles, I'd say he played well enough out of his preferred position.

I looked at their results last night - is it wrong of me to have a quiet smile that they both
lost without our players being involved?
Not at all it's a natural reaction. :)

Off topic a bit but I like to follow our young players when they move to pastures new. It's good to see Dowell back on the bench today for Norwich after his injury. Going to be difficult to force his way into a form team though. And does anybody know what the issue is with Liam Walsh. Was looking forward to him playing a big part at Bristol City this season following his successful loan at Coventry, but he hasn't played a game yet.

Not at all it's a natural reaction. :)

Off topic a bit but I like to follow our young players when they move to pastures new. It's good to see Dowell back on the bench today for Norwich after his injury. Going to be difficult to force his way into a form team though. And does anybody know what the issue is with Liam Walsh. Was looking forward to him playing a big part at Bristol City this season following his successful loan at Coventry, but he hasn't played a game yet.
Liam and Joe Williams are out until after new year last I heard. Both returned to training after their injuries but broke down again. Very frustrating for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.