Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Wycombe Wanderers - Dennis Adeniran played full match in 0-2 home defeat to Swansea City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
" I thought Dennis had a promising debut "
" Adeniran looks good considering he's only been at the club for two days. "
" Really impressed with Adeniran - he had some lovely touches and could become a key player for us. "
" I'd like to see Dennis get on the ball more and dictate the play, hopefully this will come in time, he will need to work on tracking runners as a couple of times he switched off. Decent enough debut. "

Ex-EFC watch: noticed a now 27-year-old Jake Bidwell getting involved in a Swansea goal. Lad's made a good career for himself at QPR, Brentford and Swansea.

Lewis Gibson was an unused sub for Reading.

....be interesting to see if Gibson can force his way into the Reading team. Good away win, I doubt the loan move came with any guarantees about a starting place.

Championship
Wycombe Wanderers - Denis Adeniran played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Luton Town

OS Match Report
" The game started positively for the Chairboys, as new boy Dennis Adeniran took control of the game. The Everton loanee worked the ball nicely, dictating the tempo between Nick Freeman and Daryl Horgan."

Twitter stuff
7: stylish, quick-passing start from the Blues (in mango). Adeniran showing signs of pulling strings deeper with Freeman linking well with Horgan and Wheeler.
49: chance! Dennis does brilliantly, beating two men and feeding Horgan, who cuts in and drills low. It's blocked behind for a corner.
53: yellow card for Cornick for tripping Adeniran, who was on another burst forward from midfield.

Fan comments
" I was encouraged by Adeniran and Thompson's performances in particular."
" A lot more solid first half with Thompson and Adeniran (who looked stronger and fitter than last week, and played well) in the middle."
" Adeniran our MOTM for me"
" Adeniran and Thompson buzzed about nicely"
" Adeniran at least looks a bit more direct and looks to run directly forward when there's the chance to."

Lewis Gibson was an unused sub for Reading.
Nathangelo Markelo was not in matchday squad.

Said it at the time but proper stupid loan moan for me.

I think if he gets in the team it might work out but he should have looked at the situation here and maybe reconsidered going on loan. He would definitely have played in the last 2 rounds of the League Cup. He could always have gone on loan for 2nd half of season if chances dried up. Only hope now is one of the CBs at Reading get injured and he takes his chance.

I think if he gets in the team it might work out but he should have looked at the situation here and maybe reconsidered going on loan. He would definitely have played in the last 2 rounds of the League Cup. He could always have gone on loan for 2nd half of season if chances dried up. Only hope now is one of the CBs at Reading get injured and he takes his chance.

Loaning him was a good idea, loaning him to a team that didn’t need a starting CB was not a good idea.

Loaning him was a good idea, loaning him to a team that didn’t need a starting CB was not a good idea.

I think they wanted the right type of team. Hopefully he gets a chance and takes it. His loan needs to be more Holgate than Galloway.

Seems like Gibson will be waiting on an injury to get a chance, hope it's not a wasted season
In fairness they have won every game so far you wouldn't put him in yet anyway. He will get games as like us they will get injuries and suspensions and it is up to him to take his chance.

I suppose to me 25 is nowadays classed as young. lol
I thought he'd long been disposed of, another stellar pick from Martinez.

What's wild about this is he went to the Euro's in 2016 with Switzerland at 21. We sent him on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt who have a pretty decent transfer record. And now he can't play for a bottom half Dutch team. That's some fall.

According to Wikipedia he has made 39 appearances since he signed for us (none for us). On 15k a week apparently, and has earned 4.6million in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.