Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adedoyin is back at Everton, his loans been terminated.

Hey everyone,

Having spoken to some accies fans and from what I’ve seen on twitter, the general consensus is that if Adedoyin is to become a decent player, he needs to sort out his attitude. Many have said the club wanted rid of him quite quickly as he was more interested in boasting about wages and facilities than training hard and playing for accies.

He also didn’t endear himself to fans by videoing the celebrations of Rangers players from the away end during the game at Ibrox

The boy has potential but needs to sort out his attitude to push on

Hey everyone,

Having spoken to some accies fans and from what I’ve seen on twitter, the general consensus is that if Adedoyin is to become a decent player, he needs to sort out his attitude. Many have said the club wanted rid of him quite quickly as he was more interested in boasting about wages and facilities than training hard and playing for accies.

He also didn’t endear himself to fans by videoing the celebrations of Rangers players from the away end during the game at Ibrox

The bellend factor is probably quite hard to get rid of in some young PL players, many won't realise until its too late

...I don’t know his ‘stats’ but I wouldn’t be surprised if his workrate is reasonable. I think languid movers like him often give the impression they’re not putting in a shift, but Dowell seems to get behind the ball when the opposition has possession. He‘s most effective when he’s on the ball but he does tend to drift out of games, though.

Genuinely baffled why he couldn't have been kept as an alternative to the Ghost. You're not telling me he wouldn't have been an improvement in this side.

Silva and Koeman were so negligent 8n not trying to develop, adapt, utilise some of the youngsters we have produced in the last 3 years.

Connolly now the third Everton player to have his loan cut short. Doesn’t say much for our youngsters when they’re not deemed good enough for the likes of Lincoln, Hamilton and Derby.

The thing about all of these loans is we need to insist on a team to play them to make it worth our while, but teams who take them aren't going to prioritise developing our players over their own players and needs, especially in the event they do well we take them back. It's heads I win tales you lose. Dowell in particular has been so highly thought of, that he should've been kept to play and develop along with Davies. He'd have surely had as much time with us given the curcumstances.

Adedoyin going to Scotland was always bizarre to me. He's young enough that playing with the u23s should have been a good step up.

Connolly on the other hand, is almost too adaptable and has never nailed down a position. That can be a blessing and a curse with young players as they never develop into exceeding in a particular role.

Coupled with the selling of Williams and Robinson for buttons, its verging on criminal how poorly managed the whole thing has been. I recall reading Silva likes to work with a really small group of players so it's obviously been a case of him saying "I am never going to give you any opportunities so get out of my sight."

Awful

I thought Connolly did well at Ipswich...since then he's not getting half as many games (at best).

Why didnt ipswich sign him I wonder...think they got relegated but surely all parties would have kept him there...

I thought Connolly did well at Ipswich...since then he's not getting half as many games (at best).

Why didnt ipswich sign him I wonder...think they got relegated but surely all parties would have kept him there...

Change of manager, Mick McCarthy liked him, he often name dropped him in pressers after games

I go to watch my local side quite abit ( burton Albion) and was delighted when Nathan broadhead signed on loan, lad barely gets a chance on the bench right now, when he has played he’s done alright to be fair, shows good pace and control but could release the ball or shoot earlier ( the whole burton team seem to hang onto it and only shoot at last resort)

Connolly now the third Everton player to have his loan cut short. Doesn’t say much for our youngsters when they’re not deemed good enough for the likes of Lincoln, Hamilton and Derby.

It's because our young lads simply aren't that good.

I agree . He's reckless and made of glass but he moves . I'm sure he passed the ball forward a few times too . He has to be an improvement on the last 2 clowns we had in midfield this weekend .
If we don't buy any midfielders soon , this has to happen . Desperate times .

Yeah I read the updates, i'm just asking if anybody has actually seen him much. I understand that Schalke fans like him (although the reports suggest that they generally tend to rate his performances as quite good rather than absolutely fantastic as is sometimes put forward on here). I'm more wondering if anyone has noticed differences between his performances for Schalke and his performances for us/England under 21s, which may suggest that he's actually progressed as a player, rather than just being a good fit at Schalke.

I’ve seen games he’s played in on TV here in Germany, he seems to suit the league and has plenty of fight and aggression, but he isn’t outstanding. I’d say he fits in well at Schalke and plays much higher up the pitch, so is able to get forward more but his attacking output isn’t great. The Bundesliga is also a much slower league which suits Jonjoe as he isn’t tall or particularly fast, no outstanding physical attributes. There’s no way he’d come close to replacing Sidibe in the team as it stands. Schalke fans love him because of his willingness to work hard and his defensive qualities, they’d love to have him permanently and I think it would actually be a good move for Jonjoe as I can’t see him developing into a modern full-back with the physical qualities needed to thrive in the PL.

I’ve seen games he’s played in on TV here in Germany, he seems to suit the league and has plenty of fight and aggression, but he isn’t outstanding. I’d say he fits in well at Schalke and plays much higher up the pitch, so is able to get forward more but his attacking output isn’t great. The Bundesliga is also a much slower league which suits Jonjoe as he isn’t tall or particularly fast, no outstanding physical attributes. There’s no way he’d come close to replacing Sidibe in the team as it stands. Schalke fans love him because of his willingness to work hard and his defensive qualities, they’d love to have him permanently and I think it would actually be a good move for Jonjoe as I can’t see him developing into a modern full-back with the physical qualities needed to thrive in the PL.
Cheers for that. I had a feeling that may be the case but I was hoping to be wrong.

Hey everyone,

I mean no disrespect to Hamilton but if a loanee from a Premiership club like Everton cannot get a game at Hamilton then I think he might need to lower his career expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.