Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were four of our players in the 20 players age 21 or under who played at least 2000 mins in the Championship this season.
8. Williams , Barnsley, 2978 min
10 . Dowell, Forest, 2698 min
12. Connolly, Ipswich, 2549 min
13. Robinson , Bolton , 2420 mins.

Add the mins that Onyekuru , and got latterly Lookman , and despite a few setbacks it was a good season for our on loan youngsters.

Last edited:
There were four of our players in the 20 players age 21 or under who played at least 2000 mins in the Championship this season.
8. Williams , Barnsley, 2978 min
10 . Dowell, Forest, 2698 min
12. Connolly, Ipswich, 2549 min
13. Robinson , Bolton , 2420 mins.

Add the mins that Onyekuru got latterly Lookman and, despite a few setbacks it was a good season for our on loan youngsters.

"But we should have kept them here" as some would say.

Guaranteed less minutes and the atmosphere has been horrendous to play in.

Why guaranteed less minutes? Martina and bolasie got loads of minutes when they could have been sitting on the sidelines.
And how do you know the atmospheres at Bolton and forest were any better than goodison?

Why guaranteed less minutes? Martina and bolasie got loads of minutes when they could have been sitting on the sidelines.
And how do you know the atmospheres at Bolton and forest were any better than goodison?

You reckon Dowell, Robinson, Connolly and Williams would have had more minutes this season at Everton or at their loan clubs? Like seriously.

You reckon Dowell, Robinson, Connolly and Williams would have had more minutes this season at Everton or at their loan clubs? Like seriously.

Eh that wasn't the argument! I said we would not be any weaker if Robinson, lookman and dowell had played instead of Martina and bolasie!
Probably better and in better position goin into next season

Eh that wasn't the argument! I said we would not be any weaker if Robinson, lookman and dowell had played instead of Martina and bolasie!
Probably better and in better position goin into next season

Yeh but my point was aimed at those saying we shouldn't have loaned them out. We obviously should have considering how much game time they got compared to if they stayed.

Was trying to watch whilst playing poker in the pub. All I saw was him trying to do too many turns on the edge of his own box and losing the ball :eek: :(

He was much better the games prior to the playoffs. His biggest flaw is that he wants to do too much when it matters the most. The problem is that he does not realize that he has not come to the level where his decisionmaking can reflect his passion.

"But we should have kept them here" as some would say.

..surely Dowell, Lookman and one of Connolly/Robinson should have stayed.

Dowell had a good pre-season and we were struggling for goals and quality on the right side, especially with the injury to Coleman. Dowell and Kenny had been part of a successful England Youth team and were an established and effective partnership. Up to Walcotts arrival i’m convinced they were the best option we had.

Connolly or Robinson would have provided effective and conventional cover for Baines but instead we put our 2nd string RB in for an extended run of games. It was folly letting them both go on loan given Baines’ frailty.

I understand Lookman was being seriously considered for England’s World Cup squad. I think he was ahead of Bolasie for a first team berth yet he was sent on loan.

I don’t think any of those decisions were in the best interest of Everton or the players concerned and at least we’d know if they had futures in the top flight.

..surely Dowell, Lookman and one of Connolly/Robinson should have stayed.

Dowell had a good pre-season and we were struggling for goals and quality on the right side, especially with the injury to Coleman. Dowell and Kenny had been part of a successful England Youth team and were an established and effective partnership. Up to Walcotts arrival i’m convinced they were the best option we had.

Connolly or Robinson would have provided effective and conventional cover for Baines but instead we put our 2nd string RB in for an extended run of games. It was folly letting them both go on loan given Baines’ frailty.

I understand Lookman was being seriously considered for England’s World Cup squad. I think he was ahead of Bolasie for a first team berth yet he was sent on loan.

I don’t think any of those decisions were in the best interest of Everton or the players concerned and at least we’d know if they had futures in the top flight.

Is this not all a little bit tinged with hindsight though, Eggs?

You can't honestly tell me last summer you'd have been comfortable playing Robinson/Connolly at left-back as an example? You yourself don't rate Robinson as a defender. I dunno, I just think them all getting so many minutes in a tough league is far more beneficial than them maybe getting some minutes here (but let's face it, which of our managers would have played them?). There's a reason managers as respected as even Pep bemoan the youth leagues and advocate first team football.

Plus what if we kept them, they didn't look up to it, and we sold them? What happens if they improved this year and come back and look ready to take part?

Status
Not open for further replies.