2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cynic in me says it’s convenient he became fit and stayed fit before he became a free agent, but he played a huge part in our survival so he deserves credit. If you could get him 25 PL games a season from him you’d give him a new contract in a heartbeat.

I think you need to look at it, his performance levels have always been high, the stats with and without him are telling
Whether he's upped his performances for a new contract or not, as you said the stats say it all. Without him recently, I truly believe we'd now be relegated.

A top central defender, a top snide and a top influence in the dressing room. If it weren't for the injuries, I suspect he'd be held in much higher regard...

... or wouldn't still be here as he'd have been poached. We are going to be worse off without him.

You look at him yesterday and you think, under different circumstances, him, Pickford, Onana, Tarkowski are great, top snide personalities that you could start to use as the base of a fun side.
They all f'n love it here.

The cynic in me says it’s convenient he became fit and stayed fit before he became a free agent, but he played a huge part in our survival so he deserves credit. If you could get him 25 PL games a season from him you’d give him a new contract in a heartbeat.

To be fair to Yerry, this season I don't think Lampard (after the first game and subsequent injury) or Dyche fancied him. Most likely because they knew he was going and we would have to learn to be without him and there was a fair risk he'd break down again.

Perhaps the few number of games he played was the perfect number to stay fit and healthy? Although I'd rather he had played against the crap teams we lost against before the real run in and that way we might have picked up a few wins to make us safe earlier.

I’d offer him a 1 year deal with an option for a further year based on appearances or his availability for selection, when he first arrived here after one season there was talk of Barcelona wanting him back, when he’s fit he’s a brilliant defender, the last few weeks have shown that, yesterday he was superb.

To be honest never saw him give anything but 100% for us. He just gets injured too easily. Think he'll move to Spain, Portugal or even Turkey.

Saved his most consistent form and run of games for the last few weeks of his contract. If he played like he has the last month or so over the course of his time here he could have been an incredible signing. Sadly he’s not come close so thanks for the last few games Yerry, you’ve been paid a fortune for them, best of luck with the rest of your career.

Maybe not on his current salary, but seen as he won't get that elsewhere anyway I'd deffo offer him another contract on reduced terms.

Holgate Keane Godfrey all on about 70k each, they should all be punted well before him
He suggested that this is his last game for us. You never know but he will have other options.

Very big job for young Branthwaite to come in and be the successor to Yerry, given how much of a colossus he has been - I wouldn't be surprised for us to move Branthwaite on given our position, and to see the club bring in someone they think can be ready straight from the off.

Maybe not on his current salary, but seen as he won't get that elsewhere anyway I'd deffo offer him another contract on reduced terms.
He'll probably be able to get 3-4 times his salary with us if he agrees to join a Middle Eastern club. One last payday perhaps? Could easily walk into a contract that guarantees him £30m over two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.