2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually love him and think he’s a top player when fit, but you can’t justify the wages he’s on for a player that plays as little as him. It’s reluctantly the correct decision to let him go. One of the players who I will genuinely wish the best of luck and will remember fondly.
Honestly, I'd offer him a £40k a week deal + a £25k appearance fee. In a week with two games that's £90k a week. If he plays.

Not to put any pressure on the boy but I think Branthwaite could develop to this standard over time.

If he shows promise no doubt he'll be rated at £75mil+ like Fofana from Leicester. If only for Minas injuries i think hes at that value as well...top notch.

Mina would be someone id hope to have im the squad for Branthwaite to learn from.

Just too big a risk with the injuries...gutted that hes leaving.

Massively underrated.

Why does he want to leave? He's happy up around Crosby, and even with a bit of a pay cut he'd be better off than in the Turkish
League. He's our best centrehalf and his fitness problems might be over.
Not sure he wants to leave but if were using a Dyche back 4 and we have

Keane
Holgate
Godfrey
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Coady for a £4.5mil fee.

Thats already 6 players for 2 starting positions.

I imagine if we had offers in for the top 3 then we may have offered him an extension.

I reckon he’s soft you know. Bit weird he’s magically able to string games together when a no nonsense manager comes, doesn’t fancy him in and he’s close to leaving on a free

Do we offer him a 3 year deal, just to cover our bases, with the idea that if he is fit (which he never is), he starts and is our best CB, but if not, we have Coady, Tark, Branthwaite, Godfrey ready to go? I would rather him sign a 2-3 year deal vs. spending money on a transfer fee of over 15 million on a new CB - which at that fee, the transfer vs. his wages is about equal?

Did Dyche say something cryptic in his response about this being Mina's last game in the post match interviews?

Do we offer him a 3 year deal, just to cover our bases, with the idea that if he is fit (which he never is), he starts and is our best CB, but if not, we have Coady, Tark, Branthwaite, Godfrey ready to go? I would rather him sign a 2-3 year deal vs. spending money on a transfer fee of over 15 million on a new CB - which at that fee, the transfer vs. his wages is about equal?

Did Dyche say something cryptic in his response about this being Mina's last game in the post match interviews?
Never mind what Dyche had to say Mina categorically said it was his last game on insta on Fri / Sat.
If anything potentially cryptic has been said it was Onana writing ‘the last dance’ on a post the other day.

I reckon he’s soft you know. Bit weird he’s magically able to string games together when a no nonsense manager comes, doesn’t fancy him in and he’s close to leaving on a free
Yeah, the highest level of physios and medical staff with top level monitoring equipment and access to private diagnostic machines have obviously been fooled. It took someone from across the Atlantic on a laptop to really diagnose him

Not in the slightest. He's on 100k+ a week and stands to get a fat pay day as a free agent, which also coincided with him staying fit for a month.
We've got CB cover up the wazoo.
Either Branthwaite slots in or we buy Tarkowski a partner.
We don't need physically fragile players approaching 30, this is one of the many mistakes we keep making.

Yeah, the highest level of physios and medical staff with top level monitoring equipment and access to private diagnostic machines have obviously been fooled. It took someone from across the Atlantic on a laptop to really diagnose him
End of the day of the player says it hurts it hurts.

I’m also not from the other side of the Atlantic?

Status
Not open for further replies.