2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great personality Yerry, and he seems like a leader. I think he's boss and will be missed. To think Michael Keane being picked ahead of him and the resulting goals against that came with that, almost sent us down at the end when goal difference nearly came into play.

When you think that Leicester effectively got relegated because their out of contract and want away players didn't apply themselves to their levels of talent when Yerry knew he would have been leaving probably all season yet his application and leadership when he played was spot on. A great professional who will be sadly missed.

Why does he want to leave? He's happy up around Crosby, and even with a bit of a pay cut he'd be better off than in the Turkish
League. He's our best centrehalf and his fitness problems might be over.
We are a basket case of a club and he is approaching a stage of his career where he needs certainty...

Well I guess his contribution at a very important time in our history finally means that he had some use eventually.

I’d try and keep him on a one year rolling contract on lower wages, but if he’s not up for that shake hands and say goodbye.

I think you need to look at his contribution throughout his time here, not just his up turn in fitness and performance when he’s looking for a new contract somewhere….

Don't underestimate the effect of having no Spanish or Portuguese speakers left at the club. He had Richy, Bernard, Gomes, James amd even Rondon for company, but even though he is such a popular figure in the dressing room, culturally it must be more difficult for him now...

If he wants he will be able to walk into a £500k a week deal somewhere in the Middle East, but I think he'll join a Spanish club on a two-year deal and never pick up another injury.

It's a shame he didn't play more during his time here, especially considering the fee we paid and the fact that he's leaving for nothing.

Levels and levels above the other centre-backs here. He leaves a big hole to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.