2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not international games planned with Colombia NT until March so we will have to wait to see what's the state of the world at that moment. The matches planned in March are world cup qualifiers not friendliest thus difficult to cancel.
They might not cancel the game but what I'm saying is Mina might not be allowed to go becuase of the travel ban, hope so anyway.

Mina and Keane are an absolute wall at the back at times, both great penalty box defenders. I don’t worry about crosses or corners etc anywhere near as much as I used too
Guru

No doubt about it, but since they were flanked by the more defensive minded Godrey and Holgate they've been super tight.

I've constantly been critical of Mina and Keane for various reasons. For Mina, his lack of focus with some clearances which lead to goals. For Keane, his inability to step up and stop letting strikers bully him.

That can't be leveled at them lately. I've found myself really willing Mina on as he seems to be demanding more of himself, demanding of the ball in possession, willing to stride out and physically he is dominating every opponent. The same goes for Keane, hes stepping out when he should, tucking in when he should, leading be example with his duals and reading of where he should be so he isn't get caught out as much as he was.

When a striker is getting no change against his opponent, they move to the other one. When they get no joy from him....they tend to get subbed. These two have pretty much snuffed out everyone of any note and long may it continue. The fact they both look like scoring up the other end is a bonus but what I like is I feel they've got a bit if that old Dave Watson "defend at all costs" about them currently and that will do me nicely all day every day when it comes to my Everton defenders.

They'll certainly need to keep it up, because Godfrey looks the business to me and will give us the powers of recovery and athleticism that all top sides should have at the back but what a great headache to have, to be able to choose from Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite. That's a blend of power, height, speed, experience and importantly youth

No doubt about it, but since they were flanked by the more defensive minded Godrey and Holgate they've been super tight.

I've constantly been critical of Mina and Keane for various reasons. For Mina, his lack of focus with some clearances which lead to goals. For Keane, his inability to step up and stop letting strikers bully him.

That can't be leveled at them lately. I've found myself really willing Mina on as he seems to be demanding more of himself, demanding of the ball in possession, willing to stride out and physically he is dominating every opponent. The same goes for Keane, hes stepping out when he should, tucking in when he should, leading be example with his duals and reading of where he should be so he isn't get caught out as much as he was.

When a striker is getting no change against his opponent, they move to the other one. When they get no joy from him....they tend to get subbed. These two have pretty much snuffed out everyone of any note and long may it continue. The fact they both look like scoring up the other end is a bonus but what I like is I feel they've got a bit if that old Dave Watson "defend at all costs" about them currently and that will do me nicely all day every day when it comes to my Everton defenders.

They'll certainly need to keep it up, because Godfrey looks the business to me and will give us the powers of recovery and athleticism that all top sides should have at the back but what a great headache to have, to be able to choose from Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite. That's a blend of power, height, speed, experience and importantly youth

This has always been a strength of his, he’s very good on the ball despite looking ungainly due to his height and build. It’s a myth that he’s this rickety error-prone defender who’s poor with the ball at his feet, you can count on one hand with several fingers severed off the amount of times he’s cost us by giving a pass away.

This has always been a strength of his, he’s very good on the ball despite looking ungainly due to his height and build. It’s a myth that he’s this rickety error-prone defender who’s poor with the ball at his feet, you can count on one hand with several fingers severed off the amount of times he’s cost us by giving a pass away.

tbf Mike i still cant get that shimmy he done against Wolves last season away 2 yards from his own goal line and managed to injure himself. It was a proper Bambi moment lol

True. Far better on the ball then people give him credit for, Only thing you could throw at him in the past was him being poor positionally but that seems to have been cleaned up. Seems an all round good egg Our Yerry,not scared to get involved with EITC stuff as well,Him and Richy had me in bits dancing in that school last year.

I think have 4 CBs in the back 4 has helped as if he does get caught out of position the 2 at full back still think like CBs and cover. His lack of pace will always be a slight worry but makes up for that by being very rarely out muscled.

Status
Not open for further replies.