2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes been absolutely terrific. I don't know if its a mixture of getting a run of games and managing to keep fit, excellent coaching of him and Keane, or the penny just dropping with him an he's acclimatised to the demands of the league....but he strides out with the ball wirh purpose, he seems to know when to stick with the attacker and when to drop off, is less rash with some of his decision making but most of all looks like clean sheets matter to him and I just love that about my Everton defenders.

Let's hope he continues in this kind of form because if he does, he could just turn out to be as good a signing as Brands made.

Let's hope Barca aren't interested first?

No matter how interested they are, they don't have the cash and there isn't a creditor out there that will loan them enough to entice us, much less 50 million pounds.

The only way that clause is getting activated is if Barca has known for all these years that the Camp Nou is sitting on the richest oil or gas deposit/diamond mine/gold mine on the planet, and we refuse to sell.

....can’t help but like the lad. His attitude on the pitch is terrific and he seems to enjoy life off it.

i know there’s Covid protocols, but I liked the way he took off his shirt and gave it to one of the Wednesday players at the end. He’s a terrific young man.

This summarised Yerry for me. Boss lad but does everything totally against established protocol.

Couple of times in the game yesterday when he had the ball under no pressure and his body seemed to contort itself with several samba/paso doble spasms.

He's hilarious and I love what he brings to the team

If you look at James' lips Sassy they are slightly red. Someone in the Everton squad was wearing lipstick and gave him a proper kiss. This happened between the Rico goal and Yezza goal.

Luckily James is comfortable with this and understands that even the players love for him is very strong. I've watched the replays and its either Olson, Coleman, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Gomes, Doucoure, Gylfi, Rico or DCL who plants this romantic kiss on his unsuspecting lips.
Searching for the video clip right now. I wish we could be the ones giving him a proper kiss lol

It doesn’t look lost on him how lucky he is to be a professional footballer, seems to enjoy every moment of it. Really lovely to see - great player and by all accounts great bloke

I have to hold my hand up and say Yerry has proven me very wrong this season. Been absolutely terrific - with him, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate I'm very comfortable with the centre of defence. Kegger the oldest of the lot at 28 too, could be set in that position for a long time. Digne on the left and if we could crack the RB position we're sorted.

I'm fairly confident that at some point in 2021 I'll have the opportunity to kidnap him for 24 hours and sing all my greatest hits I've personally re written and recorded for him.

Amongst other things
When that kidnapping happens you should think of this Sassy and invite me over for the concert. I wouldn't mind listening your greatest James' hits and I could even make a video of the "other things" ;)

Hes been absolutely terrific. I don't know if its a mixture of getting a run of games and managing to keep fit, excellent coaching of him and Keane, or the penny just dropping with him an he's acclimatised to the demands of the league....but he strides out with the ball wirh purpose, he seems to know when to stick with the attacker and when to drop off, is less rash with some of his decision making but most of all looks like clean sheets matter to him and I just love that about my Everton defenders.

Let's hope he continues in this kind of form because if he does, he could just turn out to be as good a signing as Brands made.
There was a moment yesterday when a Wednesday attacker had the opportunity to shoot and 4 Everton players threw themselves in front of the ball. I think it hit the first man but probably would have hit others had it missed the first player. When you see things like that you realise just how committed all the defenders to keeps clean sheets, which is fantastic

There was a moment yesterday when a Wednesday attacker had the opportunity to shoot and 4 Everton players threw themselves in front of the ball. I think it hit the first man but probably would have hit others had it missed the first player. When you see things like that you realise just how committed all the defenders to keeps clean sheets, which is fantastic

Yep I think it was Holgate who got the block but there was a real desire by 3 or 4 of them to shut it down.

I love that me, it sets a great example and when it works you start buying into the good habits of hard work and teamwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.