2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in the minding vortex of your American sports mind.
I don't think you'll find a lot of support for the statement "Michael Keane was horrendous in 2019/20" from Evertonians of any denomination.

I just don't get why rating Mina means Keane stinks or vice versa. Keane is good and has been largely more consistent than Yerry but Mina when fit and near his best is also quite good. They don't have to be chosen between.

I don't think you'll find a lot of support for the statement "Michael Keane was horrendous in 2019/20" from Evertonians of any denomination.

I just don't get why rating Mina means Keane stinks or vice versa. Keane is good and has been largely more consistent than Yerry but Mina when fit and near his best is also quite good. They don't have to be chosen between.
Just wait till the "Play Mina in midfield" shouts come.

I think the arrival of Godfrey has kicked the rest of the defence into survival mode. Basically, work hard & play good or be dropped for a period. Credit to them as they are doing exactly that. I do still see areas of needed improvement though. The obvious being pass selection to the midfield. I feel we are a little safe & slow in our passing & it takes an age to get the ball forward. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to give the ball away but you have to speculate to accumulate too. The midfield needs to work too on showing for availability & turning the direction of play but i feel that if one of Yerry, Godfrey or Keane can step up further in this aspect then it will put them ahead in the selection process.

Keane was horrendous last season. He was lucky to be at the club after his horror show against Leicester, Getting absolutely bullied by man nearly a foot and a half smaller than him.

So do yourself a favour and stop trying to come across as the forums self appointed deep thinking football philosopher.

Keane was horrendous last season. He was lucky to be at the club after his horror show against Leicester, Getting absolutely bullied by man nearly a foot and a half smaller than him.

So do yourself a favour and stop trying to come across as the forums self appointed deep thinking football philosopher.
Keane has been our best player since Carlo came in.

You cant say "last season", at the start of last season he was quite bad, but he improved massively from about Jan onwards.

Mina has also had his issues, dancing himself to injury, his poor positioning and reckless clearances have cost us goals, both have played badly at times, but both under Carlo look top class.

As you say, people feel the need to slate Keane to big up Mina and I've been guilty of slating Mina to big up Keane.

At their best both are great defenders who offer a threat at the other end.

It doesn't have to be either or.
People feel the need to slag Mina off, constantly spouting this tripe of "he's an liability" "accident waiting to happen"...our biggest problem at the back last season was Keane. Thankfully it's all been sorted.

It isn't really deep thinking at all lol. He was just really good from about January or February on last year and that is last season. He may have been a bit off it earlier in the year but that is a different thing than what you're saying.

I wouldn't pick him over Keane personally, but that's because of how good Keane has been since Carlo has come in. Unplayable throughout.

Mina's showing real improvement though and if he keeps it up Barcelona might just trigger that clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.