2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one even mentioned Mina yesterday. You just brought him up out of the blue. People have been taking a pop at Keane, Holgate and Godfrey in their threads as well.

I'm saying there is something wrong defensively. We keep changing the back 4 or back 3 and still look amateurish out there. I'm just glad Mina is not in there so that he can't be the scapegoat when the issue is much larger than him.

I don’t mind Yerry in these games. He’s good against physical centre backs who don’t have lots of pace and trickery. He likes a battle and is a pain for the striker. However against the clubs with fast attacking players I wouldn’t play him.

Matches like the Chelsea game suit him really well as he was up against a tall and strong striker in Giroud, he also had a very tight defensive partnership around him which limited the space the Chelsea forwards could run into.

I still have some concerns with him pace when strikers are running at him or a ball is played over the top but when we’re defending like we were against Chelsea his size is such an asset, he’s so good in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.