Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

I would argue the form got better when Barry started to sit.

The fact that he had to defend as often as he did was a huge problem. But seriously, as much as we may love what Lookman is doing right now, Bolaisse playing that role would be considerably more dangerous.
I think the emergence of Davies played the biggest part, but Barry being removed surely helped. We haven't seen Bolasie since the changes, and we weren't playing much better after he was injured, despite what people claim. DAVIES IS THE KEY HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE

I think the emergence of Davies played the biggest part, but Barry being removed surely helped. We haven't seen Bolasie since the changes, and we weren't playing much better after he was injured, despite what people claim. DAVIES IS THE KEY HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE
That's fair - the Barry for Davies tradeoff is huge. Sitting Jags was also pretty big. A lot of it was Ross playing better.

I think the tactics have been better, too. Playing the back 3 against City was a terrific move.

Until around December Koeman had just followed the RM tactics; rotating the same old players and other
than dropping the Stek and Jags he had not changed the team's style or approach.

The Bolasie injury allowed him to play three at the back by moving Coleman up the flank and importantly
he gave Davies a chance. Add the signature of Morgan, the performances of Robles and hey presto its a new outfit.
Ross is playing better but its Davies who has given the midfield its mojo.

We still need to find a top 9 or 10 but we are getting there.

No 2 players have linked up to assist each other in the Premier League more than Lukaku and Bolasie, even though Bolasie has been injured for about 3 months. Bolasie has assisted Lukaku 4 times whilst Lukaku assisted Bolasie's goal.

Crap though lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.