Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 assists in 4 years mate. 17. Mesut Ozil got more than that last year alone. Barkley got 9 last year when we were garbage.

Bolasie got 4 assists last year, Cleverley got 5. So no, he can't score goals and he can't create goals.

I think it unfair to compare him with Ozil, noj :(

Ozil is a top class player and has proven it over many seasons......Bolasie isn't a top class player and he has proven that to be the case over many seasons :oops:

Make chances I said.
Mesut Ozil is A) one of the best creative midfielder in the world
B) playing in a team with Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez... All fantastic finishers.

Bolasie has being palace without a recognised forward. It's well documented that they've lacked fire power which is why they thought Benteke was the amswer and chucked 32mil at them lot.

Context is everything mate. Without a striker in the team, a comparison of assists is crazy imo

He created 23 chances last season for a struggling palace.

This season, in fewer games and in a better team, he managed to create 20 chances before he got injured.

He's a good player, as a summary!

Well aware Ozil is one of the worlds best mate - Cleverley however is not & still got more assists last season, yet playing less time, further back, not being an attacking player & is also rubbish.

I know what you mean about having forwards who scores goals, HOWEVER, what's the point in these crosses (mostly rubbish crosses btw) when Lukaku, our only forward on the pitch and always the furthest forward, hardly ever scores with his head & is renowned for having a poor first touch? Koeman had the tactics wrong playing everything through him, as he isn't able to do what Deulofeu was doing which was put it on a plate. Last season Deulofeu ended up with 19 assists in total, despite only playing 3 times after the end of January, because he puts the ball where Lukaku can score from it, not aimlessly hoofs it into a general area and hopes. pinpoint, across the floor, into feet, front post, back post, wherever.

Bolasie simply isn't good enough for Everton. He doesn't have the footballing intelligence or the quality of his final ball to succeed at the top. He gets past his man by brute strength or speed, gets flustered and either runs it out of play or lumps it.

I think it unfair to compare him with Ozil, noj :(

Ozil is a top class player and has proven it over many seasons......Bolasie isn't a top class player and he has proven that to be the case over many seasons :oops:

Haha I know mate - i'm simply making a statement saying players do what he has done in his entire Premier League career in less that a quarter of the time (not a comparison of sorts) the comparison would be Deulofeu last season to Bolasie this season, both in struggling sides, Deulofeu flourishes and Bolasie flattered to deceive.

You don't think he had chance to show what he could do mate?

Let's face it he did ok in an underperforming team. If he had time to really settle in who knows how many assists or goals he might have made?
We can't sell him really - so I just hope he can get fit and get a good run in the team - better than Valenica that's for sure.

Let's face it he did ok in an underperforming team. If he had time to really settle in who knows how many assists or goals he might have made?
We can't sell him really - so I just hope he can get fit and get a good run in the team - better than Valenica that's for sure.

As I've said many a time, coincidence the team has been playing better since he wasn't in it? literally as soon as he got injured we started playing better.

As for how many goals & assists? well judging by his career he's hardly prolific in either so I wouldn't have been expecting much.

I'd rather Koeman got his boots on than Valencia ever getting more time on the pitch.

Make chances I said.
Mesut Ozil is A) one of the best creative midfielder in the world
B) playing in a team with Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez... All fantastic finishers.

Bolasie has being palace without a recognised forward. It's well documented that they've lacked fire power which is why they thought Benteke was the amswer and chucked 32mil at them lot.

Context is everything mate. Without a striker in the team, a comparison of assists is crazy imo

He created 23 chances last season for a struggling palace.

This season, in fewer games and in a better team, he managed to create 20 chances before he got injured.

He's a good player, as a summary!

agreed, messi would struggle to create chances for connor wickham and frazer campbell! As we saw he created plenty of chances here in the first couple of months here, our wastefulness (bar lukaku) is what makes his stats not as impressive. Him and lukaku were the best combination in the league at a point, that shows you if he has the right men around him he'll flourish. Hope he comes back the same tbh and we can add some good firepower in the summer. He's always struck me as someone who's better with the better players around him, more of a team player in a similar way to how lukaku looks a bit useless unless he's getting decent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.