2018/19 Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
People calling him out worst signing in history cleary never saw us in the late 90’s or early 00’s. Klaassen was worse than him too

People calling him out worst signing in history cleary never saw us in the late 90’s or early 00’s. Klaassen was worse than him too

I think it's one of our worst in that we really should have known better. He'd be in the league for years, it should have been obvious what he was. He was never going to be a success here - whole thing made no sense, other than the fact he really was signed on the basis of the club thinking "he runs fast, and we need pace."

A moronic panic buy.

He's not one of the worst players we've had but he's definitely up there with the worst signings. Those late 90s players you're talking about cost us buttons in the main, Bolasie cost £25m+ and could potentially be costing us £70k a week for the next couple of years. Make no mistake, he was an appalling signing.

He's not one of the worst players we've had but he's definitely up there with the worst signings. Those late 90s players you're talking about cost us buttons in the main, Bolasie cost £25m+ and could potentially be costing us £70k a week for the next couple of years. Make no mistake, he was an appalling signing.
Oh yeah I’m not defending him at all, he’s a terrible player and even worse business

I think it's one of our worst in that we really should have known better. He'd be in the league for years, it should have been obvious what he was. He was never going to be a success here - whole thing made no sense, other than the fact he really was signed on the basis of the club thinking "he runs fast, and we need pace."

A moronic panic buy.

I hated it at the time, I don't hate him as a person but kept saying how the press were going way OTT with some of the praise he got at times. And we bloody feel for it hook, line and sinker, it was, as you say, moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.