Yakubu wants permanent move to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
Think we all saw this coming too? :dodgy:

What a lovely day for transfer talk for us

Leicester City striker Yakubu wants to make his loan move from Everton a permanent deal in the summer.
The 28-year-old joined in January until the end of the season and has played a key role in helping City push towards the Championship play-off places.
He told BBC Late Kick Off. "I would love to stay. I hope we get promoted. I want to be here and I know the club want to be in the Premier League.
"It was a big decision to leave Everton but I love to be on the pitch."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9432403.stm

If he wants to move to the footballing powerhouse that is Leicester then fine,i hope the door doesn't hit on the way out when he comes back to say bye to the rest of the squad.

We could certainly do with feeding him right now. Shame it hasn't worked out, past couple of seasons

If Leicester are gonna act the big I am, well they can offer us something worth our while. It would make no sense to sell Yak for 2 or 3 million.

Sadly it's the way the Yak is, first couple of seasons he is awesome then has a major goal drought, clubs get rid and same all over again, if he goes, the same thing will happen with him at Leicester, think he only went there coz he thought the Walkers stadium was full of crisps. TBH on his day he is awesome, it is a shame but hey it's football, i just hope we get a good price for him if he does go

"It was a big decision to leave Everton but I love to be on the pitch"

Fair play, like. He was dropped suddenly during his best period in 2 years (October) and never really got a real go back in the team. I think he was treated unfairly, and from what I've read on here, it seems him and Moyes had a falling out and that was that.

I really, really hope he comes back though. We've not got the money to buy another big money striker, Beckford needs a partner, Saha is old and injured (again), Anichebe is shockingly bad up front, Vaughan's not good enough/gone and well... that's it, really.

I think we need him back. He is awesome. Come home Yak.

THIS!

I miss his smile.

Plus he's the only striker we've had to really excel in a 4-5-1.

Probably inevitable now, but I still love the Yak. Id love him to be given another chance. But if he aint getting a regular game at Goodison he will never get his fitness back. Iv only seen him in TVV highlight show at Leistier, but he looks sharp and I'd guess at least a stone lighter than when he last played for us.

Maybe new owners and/or (sadly a prolonged injury to Luis might chane things. And will Sven stay, especially as now seem likely Leister dont come up

FEED THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE - but we didnt feed him much in his last year or so with us , except pies it appeared.

I am a great fan of Moyes, but I think he mishandled the Yak - treated a star payer who had delivered big time before injury no better than say Anichibe. Maybe there is personal stuff that never came out, never will

But if he goes, I wish him well. But Id hate to see him back at Goodison scoring for the opposition. Maybe if we were 3-0 up at thet ime we might get a chance to sing that fab song again. In fact Id keep him on our books just for that song!

All the more reason to spend as much as possible on a STRIKER in the summer.

Besides, the Yak is way past it, he may be able to hold the ball up well but he can't run and shoot towards that white thing with the net in like he used to.

Should be remembered he has scored 16 goals in the last 3 seasons from 77 games, which is practically one every 5 games. He had a great first season with us but hasn't done the business since then.

It should also be remembered that he first broke through at Maccabi Haifa in 1999, which would have made him 16 years old. He was in the Nigerian team just a year later. Regardless of whether you think that reflects a Nigerian premium on his birth certificate he does have a lot of miles on the clock for a top flight striker. If we can get a good price for him this summer I think that is probably the last time we will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.