Yakubu wants permanent move to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, watched him a few weeks ago, when Leicester played Norwich. He was truely shocking then. Think Moyes has made the right decision. "Feed the Yak and he will score." Maybe, but I fear that Yak has lost his appetite and hunger. If we get 4-5 million for him in the summer, I'd gladly thank him for the memories and say good luck and goodbye.

If we could get £5 or £6 million and it would be used to buy a top striker (alongside other funds; Pienaar, Heitinga etc, not Fellaini!), then I'd begrudgingly accept.

I love the Yak, but we need to move forward. However loaning him out when we were short on numbers, was a step backward.

Think we all saw this coming too? :dodgy:

What a lovely day for transfer talk for us

Leicester City striker Yakubu wants to make his loan move from Everton a permanent deal in the summer.
The 28-year-old joined in January until the end of the season and has played a key role in helping City push towards the Championship play-off places.
He told BBC Late Kick Off. "I would love to stay. I hope we get promoted. I want to be here and I know the club want to be in the Premier League.
"It was a big decision to leave Everton but I love to be on the pitch."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9432403.stm

"It was a big decision to leave Everton but I love to be on the pitch."[/I] GOOD LAD.

in a good way would like to see him go, hes got boss strength an can score but its the lazyness
an lack of goals for me that puts me of him, last couple of seasons just hasnt been banging them in

5 m id take it any less its a nono, he's still got years left in him and if they do
manage to get promoted theylll have the cash and for them to get yakubu theyd probably
be willing to pay 5m, take it put towards a new striker or someone with a little bit of skill
that will run and take people on, attacking mid' missed having peanuts an teta
being magic in the midfield someone else along them lines would be sound

Sadly it's the way the Yak is, first couple of seasons he is awesome then has a major goal drought, clubs get rid and same all over again, if he goes, the same thing will happen with him at Leicester, think he only went there coz he thought the Walkers stadium was full of crisps. TBH on his day he is awesome, it is a shame but hey it's football, i just hope we get a good price for him if he does go

This.

If we could get £5 or £6 million and it would be used to buy a top striker (alongside other funds; Pienaar, Heitinga etc, not Fellaini!), then I'd begrudgingly accept.

I love the Yak, but we need to move forward. However loaning him out when we were short on numbers, was a step backward.

Again, RFUS lid hits the nail on the head

Shame we can't just bring him back this year, looking at our current injury list. Well, I guess we can, but we've probably put some clause in, where we owe Leicester 11m if we cancel the loan early

Flog him. We need the money, it's pretty clear he has no future here. If they offer anywhere near £5m that'd be good business for us.

Ill always love the Yak, such a shame, i still rate him highly.

We should make them pay through the nose, Sven one talent is spending other peoples money - sort it Davey.

My Leicester supporting mate tells me tales of Foxes fans hating him on their forums.

Calling him 'the laziest footballer they've ever seen'.

Still he's scored 5-6 for them hasn't he?!

Everyone I have spoken to has said to me that we can have him back as he is lazy, they have just signed kamara on loan so will be interesting to see how he gets on with him.

He hasn't scored a goal in their last seven matches looking briefly at the stats. 5 million or so would be good for us I think. When you think the same summer we signed him for about 12 million we also signed Jags, Peanuts and Baines for a combined 11 million (sorry my figures may be wrong there) so I can't say he has been the best value for money.

I would let him go but I know some fans love him. Maybe they see something I don't. Seems to divide opinion. If I was Mr Moyes I'd love to see if we could get Andy King coming this way, he looks quite tasty from what I have seen of him. In Moyes we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.