Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point but in one word -mentality.
I'd say the players, backroom staff, ownership could use a bit of it.

Whether he's still got it is another question.
But maybe worth trying to find out.

He seems the type of guy who enjoys bearing a cross, no, needs to (not a united mentality btw)
and gets others around him to do the same thing.

Any coach coming in is going to have a difficult time of it. Everton is not an easy sloution to solve.
Just saying, until we can get to the point of bringing in a Simone, Conte, we need something different first.
We really missed an opportunity with Bielsa.
His mentality was knife to a gun fight

The PL was different when Moyes managed Everton. For the most part there was a top 4 not a top 6. We had no money but I don’t remember any teams below us really splashing the cash either. We usually made up for it by selling one of our better players every now and again and reinvesting. We finished best of the rest under Moyes because we were.
Moyes did well at working with a small budget and making sure the team was well drilled and organised on the pitch. Something we have been lacking since he left. But there’s no way I would have him back. It’s no coincidence we could never get an away win at the big 4 under him, ‘like taking a knife to a gunfight’. That’s the kind of mentality that is still lingering around the club like a bad smell.
We need to do better not go backwards.

Mpyes would do better then this idiot but we need someone to come right in ti fight relegation and that's not him.

If by some miracle he came back before the next game, here is how it goe's.

We scramble a 2-1 win over the Hammers, Yippee and it's all rosy again, this momentum leads to 6 points in the next 5 games.

The RS humiliate us at Mordor, and Klopp pats the ginger one on the head.

We stumble into the January transfer window, and DM blurts 70 million on a right back and a defensive midfielder.

PS. The letter re planning permission for the BMD project, seems to have got lost in the post.

If by some miracle he came back before the next game, here is how it goe's.

We scramble a 2-1 win over the Hammers, Yippee and it's all rosy again, this momentum leads to 6 points in the next 5 games.

The RS humiliate us at Mordor, and Klopp pats the ginger one on the head.

We stumble into the January transfer window, and DM blurts 70 million on a right back and a defensive midfielder.

PS. The letter re planning permission for the BMD project, seems to have got lost in the post.

Moyes had an absolutely brilliant recruitment policy for us as manager so there’s no reason as to why he’d waste 70 mill on defensive players. If he did though he’d probably actually buy a few blokes who can defend rather than Michael ‘I should be playing for Stoke in the championship’ Keane.

Moyes shouldn’t be brought back now but if he had it should have been 2 years ago as interim when no plan was in place to replace Koeman, it would have gave us the rest of that season to get a more suitable manager

I have to say yes, we should of gone there instead of Big Sam. But I fully understand why others don't want him. At least we'll start defending corners again.

Moyes went into West H and settled the ship there bringing through Declan Rice and moving Arnautovic into a central position. He’s still got it, he could do a job here taking us through to the summer, exiling some of the rotten apples in the basket to the reserves and leaving a fresh slate for a new manager in the summer. If we panick and get in some completely untested pick like Arteta we could end up in a proper relegation battle.

IF no decent manager wants to join.

A straight choice - Moyes or Silva for the remaining 30 games?

He took at the time one of the biggest jobs in club football, its pretty much agreed at the time that it was hard to imagine any manager that would have turned down the opportunity

I'm not sure what that has to do with him having unfinished business with us?

He elected to finish his business with us. We chose to honour that by giving him a great send off.

His business here is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.