Would you take back Steve Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moshiri was in awe of Koeman. Klaasen Siggurdson Schneiderlin Martina almost certainly were his picks rather than Walsh’s. I’d imagine Kenwright probably had his oar in as well with the Rooney deal. Then we had the scouting targets like Lookman Gueye etc. then the pure farce ones like Vlasic who had a good game against us so we dropped 10 mill on him.

Agree with all of that mate, apart from the Vlasic shout, Koeman just would not play him if I remember correctly, still plays for Croatia and could well be worth a fortune in the future.

Walsh told The Athletic: “While I was at Everton, I offered them Andrew Robertson and Harry Maguire deals, when they were at Hull, and it was worth £20 million for the pair. Everton wouldn’t take them.

“I had a deal done for Jonny Evans too before he came to Leicester, but again they wouldn’t take him. Erling Haaland, the striker with Salzburg, I had him and his dad at the club with a deal done for £3.4m (€4m). The club wouldn’t back me.”

Nah. Not having that. Who's gonna argue the toss with his comments?

The Everton hierarchy who wouldn't back him ?

I think the part of the interview that underlined Walsh’s failing as a DoF is that whilst negotiating to SELL Lukaku he tells Mourinho i.e. the purchaser that Lukaku is “a big baby”. Exactly how is that helping to extract the highest price for a player???

I think the part of the interview that underlined Walsh’s failing as a DoF is that whilst negotiating to SELL Lukaku he tells Mourinho i.e. the purchaser that Lukaku is “a big baby”. Exactly how is that helping to extract the highest price for a player???

In his defense, the guy holding the purse strings was Ed Woodward, a man who probably loses in negotiations with the automated checkout at Tesco.

Status
Not open for further replies.