Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not.

The division will never be healed between some supporters who were pragmatic and put aside the fact he had previously managed rs in the belief he could improve Everton and from those who wouldn't give him a chance and instead resorted to personal abuse not based on performance but by his previous employers.

Doesn't sit right with me. Fella wants to do a job and is persecuted not because of his ability to do it but because of personal prejudice. Imagine hounding someone out of a job because they were black or Jewish, this is the level some people are at in my eyes.
Being a koppite is not a protected characteristic, the idea that thinking that koppites are gob****** is equivalent to somebody being subjected to racism or antisemitism is laughable. I suppose people who think fans of Love Island are blerts are as bad as homophobes and people who think hipster moustaches are a bit silly are the equivalent of misogynists? Give your head a wobble.

Whether he is a RS or not is currently irrelevant in any case, we are playing dreadful football and have one win in seven matches and that was against Norwich.

He's a koppite and he's bad at his job, there shouldn't have been a place for him here in the first place and it's becoming clear his position is untenable to anyone who was of the absurd opinion that he could ever succeed here. This was always going to happen.

It's a bit of a loaded question. The answer is obviously no. But nothing can begin to improve until we get a new manager. So the longer we wait, the longer it takes until we can even try and get out of this mess.

There's lots of things in life that you can draw analogy to. If you make a change, then nothing ever happens drastically overnight or in the first two or 3 weeks. Say taking up exercise. But you have to start at some point if you are ever going to actually get the benefit of it. If you just say nothing will change after my first run or gym session, then you would never bother.

Being a koppite is not a protected characteristic, the idea that thinking that koppites are gob****** is equivalent to somebody being subjected to racism or antisemitism is laughable. I suppose people who think fans of Love Island are blerts are as bad as homophobes and people who think hipster moustaches are a bit silly are the equivalent of misogynists? Give your head a wobble.

Whether he is a RS or not is currently irrelevant in any case, we are playing dreadful football and have one win in seven matches and that was against Norwich.

He's a koppite and he's bad at his job, there shouldn't have been a place for him here in the first place and it's becoming clear his position is untenable to anyone who was of the absurd opinion that he could ever succeed here. This was always going to happen.

Do you believe in rehabilitation?

Do you believe in rehabilitation?
I do, and I wish Benitez no personal ills, but this is not the place for his "rehabilitation". He was never going to be cut any slack at all from the fanbase, why should we cut him any slack? As @MikeH72 and others have said, this is a Moshiri problem. Benitez was a stupid appointment but why wouldn't Benitez take a seven (or eight if you believe some reports) figure salary on his doorstep? Worst case scenario, he gets millions of pounds in a payout after getting sacked. He was unemployed and his last job was in the Chinese league and he's in his 60s. Of course he was going to take the job. Moshiri should have never offered him the job. Poster after poster stated at the time that Benitez arrived that the first bad run of results would see Goodison turn toxic. Against Watford his subs were booed and the fans were calling for Rondon, an Everton player, to be sent off. At Wolves last night there were reports of Everton fans doing the FSW chants. Would any of this be happening after a quarter of the season with any other manager in charge? Of course not. Stupid appointment by a stupid owner.

If he was to go, all the assistants, coaches and backroom staff should go as well, cant always be the manager, and look at all the injuries we seem to get on the training field, I think the problem lies deeper than we see

I do, and I wish Benitez no personal ills, but this is not the place for his "rehabilitation". He was never going to be cut any slack at all from the fanbase, why should we cut him any slack? As @MikeH72 and others have said, this is a Moshiri problem. Benitez was a stupid appointment but why wouldn't Benitez take a seven (or eight if you believe some reports) figure salary on his doorstep? Worst case scenario, he gets millions of pounds in a payout after getting sacked. He was unemployed and his last job was in the Chinese league and he's in his 60s. Of course he was going to take the job. Moshiri should have never offered him the job. Poster after poster stated at the time that Benitez arrived that the first bad run of results would see Goodison turn toxic. Against Watford his subs were booed and the fans were calling for Rondon, an Everton player, to be sent off. At Wolves last night there were reports of Everton fans doing the FSW chants. Would any of this be happening after a quarter of the season with any other manager in charge? Of course not. Stupid appointment by a stupid owner.

The fans are to blame if they can't give him the time or support they offer any other appointment.

If he doesn't succeed I'll happily boo him out but I'm not going to vilify someone who has been here 5 minutes and set up to fail with no budget to set up his own squad.

The fans are to blame if they can't give him the time or support they offer any other appointment.

If he doesn't succeed I'll happily boo him out but I'm not going to vilify someone who has been here 5 minutes and set up to fail with no budget to set up his own squad.

The fans are to blame for the appointment of a deeply unpopular manager? That's a new one.

The only reason some are supporting the manager is they don't want to change again. It's hardly a positive argument. It's an argument based on fear of the future and a false sense of stability.

No one can honestly believe this will work out. There is zero evidence that will happen. The division at the club is horrible, and only a change can help that.

I wonder if he is starting to lose the players. I think the arguments between them yesterday were about what they had been asked to do and what they realised they had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.