Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. They’d get worse. Far worse.
Really? Worse than going out of the cup to QPR, getting hammered at home to Watford and making Wolves look like prime Bayern Munich for 45 mins? Is the new manager going to send Big Dunc round to my house to ravish my wife in front of my kids and I while Delph stands on my couch rubbing his thighs like Vic Reeves?

Absolutely not.

The division will never be healed between some supporters who were pragmatic and put aside the fact he had previously managed rs in the belief he could improve Everton and from those who wouldn't give him a chance and instead resorted to personal abuse not based on performance but by his previous employers.

Doesn't sit right with me. Fella wants to do a job and is persecuted not because of his ability to do it but because of personal prejudice. Imagine hounding someone out of a job because they were black or Jewish, this is the level some people are at in my eyes.

Not overnight - of course this is a long process

But the process can't start until we appoint a new manager and the division and animosity begin to heal. We fundamentally have the wrong manager, so none of the other changes we need can happen until we change the manager as a first step.

It would also help with the little thing of actually enjoying our team play. I know that's a lot to ask for, but it would be very nice.
That sort of common sense logic and desire for a team we can get behind is far too divisive, as in the words of the Great Greta, How dare you! ;)

If we sacked him Moshiri would just listen to talksport for his next manager and we'd appoint Ally McCoist.

We need to sack the DOF and whoever else has their fingers in the recruitment/youth team pie.

Appoint Ralf Ragnick and give him the keys to the castle at all levels.

At least we wouldn't have to put up with the sniggering RS saying well done Rafael every time we lose. Soon as I go out this morning one of the merchandise wearing knobs is coming towards me.

Absolutely not.

The division will never be healed between some supporters who were pragmatic and put aside the fact he had previously managed rs in the belief he could improve Everton and from those who wouldn't give him a chance and instead resorted to personal abuse not based on performance but by his previous employers.

Doesn't sit right with me. Fella wants to do a job and is persecuted not because of his ability to do it but because of personal prejudice. Imagine hounding someone out of a job because they were black or Jewish, this is the level some people are at in my eyes.
Nope he is being persecuted because of his ability, he’s shown nothing that points to him being the right man for the job

No, because although is a fat mess whos disliked by 95% of the fanbase it's still the same loser dog shower of sh1t squad wed be left with.

However due to the fact he is so disliked I think he should he replaced, the squad the way it is and our ffp means we need patience with our manager, he doesn't get any because of who he is.

Sack

Once DCL, Doucoure, Mina and Digne are back we have enough to stay up.

His signing of Rondon though tells me he is the wrong man for the job.
He won’t be sacked this season though IMO, unless it gets really serious and we end up in the bottom 3.

….I think his was a particularly divisive appointment. If things continue to go wrong it will be like pouring petrol on a fire. It’s a results game but Benitez won’t have the wiggle room of others.

And that's his own fault to a large extent if we're being fair

It all comes back to not apologising for the prior comments

He gave those who didn't want him zero reason to give him time or the benefit of the doubt, whilst also failing to enable his supporters a chance to say "he apologised, the problem is now with you, get over it" which would have piped a few down

He played that PR stuff at the start of his run terribly IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.