Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap poll...

Heated debate across several threads about whether our current malaise is Benitez, the players, rot in the wider club, or a cumulative effect.

So, if Benitez left tomorrow (and nothing else changed) would we improve?
No; we get to 40 points, finishing about 16th...so that at least we don't get relegated.

Then we get rid of all the deadwood rubbish and buy young, hungry players next season.

No; we get to 40 points, finishing about 16th...so that at least we don't get relegated.

Then we get rid of all the deadwood rubbish and buy young, hungry players next season.
I entirely agree with the sentiment mate, but we've been saying this for how many seasons? I've got a bad pessimistic mood on this morning!

I look at this team and we are currently a 12th to 15th team. Last season we were beaten similarly by lesser teams than Wolves. Sheffield United, Newcastle twice, Fulham to name a few and the usual suspects are still here. We have a pretty strong 11 when we are confident but beyond that the whole squad needs disassembling and starting afresh and take some pain along the way. Inject some youth take some risks it pains me to say it but get rid of some older players, Coleman, Delph even Keane and get some fresh eager blood on the pitch. If that means we come 17th but we empower young players than so be it. It could be worthwhile in the long run.The way things are we are going to be in perpetual mediocrity yo-yoing between 7th and 12th forever and a day.

….I think his was a particularly divisive appointment. If things continue to go wrong it will be like pouring petrol on a fire. It’s a results game but Benitez won’t have the wiggle room of others.
I have to wonder if last season with empty stadiums might have mitigated. A full Goodison fed up of bad results might get very ugly and very vocal.

But would we see more than a short term bounce?

No it wouldn't. But it would arguably calm down the division amongst fans. And that's a big factor as what's football without fans.

We won't ever all agree on a manager, but we all knew this one would be divisive and turn fans against each other from the outset.
I'm not even sure we've all turned on one another, it's quite civil in here. There's a few who love the WUM, but I'd hope we can respect each others viewpoints.

No but he is so stubborn he isn't giving us a chance currently. I'm willing to give him time but given our upcoming run I can't see a win there and if we can't get one he will be under huge pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.