Worst Team of the Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was warranted at that point, but the attitude was established halfway through the second season.

Something happened in Martinez's second season; we were doing ok but the sense of entitlement that we should have been top 4 rather than 8th or whatever at the time seeped in to the mindset. The QPR home game before Christmas was THE moment that sense of entitlement set in and has never been relinquished...become even worse, in fact, when Moshiri arrived a year later.

Something happened halfway through the second season? Would have been that’s how long it look his “ training” to dismantle a good defence and lower the players fitness levels so they couldn’t play 90 mins. That entitlement you talk of from players like Barkley came from bobby blowing smile up everyone’s hoop

My team, with the caveat a minimum of five first-team appearances required, going 4-4-2.

Robles
Hibbert Funes Mori Alcaraz Garbutt
Atsu Cleverley Neville Magaye Gueye
Beckford Sandro Ramirez

Subs: Stekelenburg, Keane, Schneiderlin, Baxter, Stracqualursi, Bilyaletdinov, Tosun.

To be fair, probably a bit harsh on Keane to be on the sub's bench - but we have generally had good defenders over the past decade, and some terrible forwards.

My team, with the caveat a minimum of five first-team appearances required, going 4-4-2.

Robles
Beckford Sandro Ramirez

Subs: Stekelenburg, Keane, Schneiderlin, Baxter, Stracqualursi, Bilyaletdinov, Tosun.

To be fair, probably a bit harsh on Keane to be on the sub's bench - but we have generally had good defenders over the past decade, and some terrible forwards.

Actually, I forgot about Cuco. Martina in for Hibbert, Hibbo replacing Keane on the bench.

People putting Sigurdsson in the team lollollol

Don't get me wrong, I want him shifting on, but he was our joint top scorer last season ffs.

Also seeing mentions of Howard, Barry and Calvert-Lewin.

Football really isn't the sport for some people to follow is it?

Also why the hell does Lacina Traore deserve to be in there for goodness sake? Played 60mins for the club before suffering a serious injury... AND SCORED
It takes a Birkenhead Blue to point that out, well done mate Merry Chritmas

I can't believe Gareth Barry has been mentioned in this thread. He was the main reason why we finished on 72 points in 2014. He should have got Player of the Year IMO. He made an immediete impact when he came and our defence looked a lot more solid because of it. His legs getting old was the only reason why he declined. Otherwise he was a quality defensive midfielder. One of the most underated in the Premier League.

rude_santa_gift_tags-r63edba124b744b668d765fbd885b6177_zo29l_540.jpg

Needs a shave!!!

I would have loved to have gone to some of these behind doors game that a load of our fans obviously went to to watch Lacina Traore.

Because all I saw was one (backheeled) goal and a shot cleared off the line in 62 total minutes of football for Everton. He was injured for the rest of his time here.

1.5 goals a game, what a loser.

Robles
Beckford Sandro Ramirez

Mori was better than Keane imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.