Worst Team of the Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have put Jelavic in. First 10 games looked like a world beater, then the wheels fell off. Most embarrassing 'finisher' we've had in a long time.

Baby hart
Martina Keane mangala
Sniverlly klassen
Bolasie siggyfraud gueye
Sandro jelavic (when the goals dried up)

Tough sorting through the worst of the worst here......for different reasons I only have a few who can definitely make it.

Alcaraz - that performance in Kiev ranks as bad as Glen Keeley’s at Goodison.

Sandro - the first Everton number 9 to actively run away from positions to receive the ball and chase after the centre back so he could be marked. 0-0 v Chelsea at home. A more spineless performance I’ve yet to see. Still getting a wage here.

Coco Martina - How, Why, Did it really happen? incredibly still here......a criminal absence of corporate responsibility in allowing him to be offered a contract here and taking a wage.

McGeady - I know he scored away at Leicester on the opening day many moons ago, but do you remember his half time presentation at Goodison when he signed ? His belly was nearly as half as big as Ashley Williams’ in pre season and the it made half the players from the Business House League reasonably think they could also get a contract. Not unreasonably based on what he offered on a blue shirt having earned millions in Russia.

Too many have lacked the ability or privilege of of wearing a Royal Blue shirt. But it’s a just a job to them and it’s all about opinions.....all the above have reached a level I couldn’t so maybe I’m sour about their lack of effort in an Everton shirt and it’s just a personal view. There’s plenty more who haven’t delivered. X

Mucha

Martina
Alcaraz
Pennington
Garbutt

McGeady
Cleverly
Klaassen
Bolasie

Niasse
Sandro

Sadly, you could easily make about 5 different versions of this team. This has been a decade to forget, the second half of this decade especially has just been horrendous. Here's hoping Carlo can lead us to better things.

Sigurdsson, Barry and Walcott are not even close to being in this.

Barry gets in my best team of the decade.

Walcott isn’t great but he’s hardly one of the worst players we’ve had.

Same for Sigurdsson.

Stek
Hibbert alcaraz williams Martina
Mcgeady cleverley besic mceleny
Straq Vellios

Can you blame them, we won 4 home games.
It was warranted at that point, but the attitude was established halfway through the second season.

Something happened in Martinez's second season; we were doing ok but the sense of entitlement that we should have been top 4 rather than 8th or whatever at the time seeped in to the mindset. The QPR home game before Christmas was THE moment that sense of entitlement set in and has never been relinquished...become even worse, in fact, when Moshiri arrived a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.