WORST REFEREEING DECISION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered about the Collina decision. Sure i raged at the time and it was in an important game but i don't believe it was corrupt and was just a bad decision. **** happens and i'm over it.

Gotta be twattenburg though without a doubt. That was corrupt.
The worst thing with Collina was that he had retired, got back for one game. Did it horribly (and thereby made UEFA's season better by guaranteing that only 4 brittish teams entered the groupstage) and then immediately went back into retirement so his terribly refereeing couldn't be analysed and hanged out since the referee had quit and therefore the incident was over. That in itself screams corruption to me

Collina made one mistake.

Clattenburg gave Dirk Kuyt a yellow for an attempted waist high two footed tackle, gave a penalty and a red card for a foul which started outside the box and ended up with Gerrard doing a starfish dive then denied us what is genuinely the most blatant penalty I've ever seen in the last minute. He then went on to tell Moyes that 'you don't give a penalty against Liverpool in the last minute' and Steven Gerrard admitted he basically sweet talked Clattenburg before the match.

It makes me fume thinking about it. There's deffo something up there.

Westerveld, the whole clattenberg derby, the rodwell sending off, Collina/ferguson. Take your pick really, all make me want to volley several cats and dogs.

The worst thing with Collina was that he had retired, got back for one game. Did it horribly (and thereby made UEFA's season better by guaranteing that only 4 brittish teams entered the groupstage) and then immediately went back into retirement so his terribly refereeing couldn't be analysed and hanged out since the referee had quit and therefore the incident was over. That in itself screams corruption to me

I can't remember to be honest but is that what actually happened or just how the story goes to make it look more like a conspiracy?

And if it is, why get one of the most well known and respected referees in the world to throw the game? Surely some bum ref from Albania would of been a less risky option.

And why would UEFA by that bothered by 5 rather than 4 English teams being in the Champions League, surely they bring in more omney to the competition that teams from most countries? Or is it cause all those foreingers hate us?

And why did he not disallow the goal at Goodison? Or our goal at Villareal? Instead dislallowing a goal which still wouldn't of put us through anyway. Why didn't he send any of our players off if they were that bothered?

Sure it could of been a huge conspiracy but i think that thats just an easier way of getting over the hurt of losing out on Champs league rather than simply a human being made a mistake.

Collina for me
There was a tackle on naysmith from gerrard that went unpunished, from what I remember that was pretty bad. Not sure who the ref was.

Collina for me
There was a tackle on naysmith from gerrard that went unpunished, from what I remember that was pretty bad. Not sure who the ref was.

Oh god yeah. When Stevie Me Laa jumped a yard in the air and two footed Naysmith in the thigh with the ball about 10 yards away. Horrific tackle.

Oh god yeah. When Stevie Me Laa jumped a yard in the air and two footed Naysmith in the thigh with the ball about 10 yards away. Horrific tackle.

I still to this day have no idea how the ref/linesman missed it. it was Grevious bodily harm that tackle

Comfortably the Don Hutchison/Sander Westerveld incident. Ref was biased all game, and he blew up when he saw the ball cross the line as he shat himself.

Clattenberg etc. doesn't even come close to that for me. Blatant cheating.

This, because Poll was proved to have lied about it and nothing was done to him. At least Collina had the decency to quit once he realised what a complete arse he had made of the Villareal away game.

Got to be Clattenberg. Been a blue for over 50 years and seen some strange ones, some bad ones but nothing as biased as that man(loose term). He should have been canned by the FA but they were gutless as usual. Tend to agree with Tubey I'd chin him as well.

40+ years & I can't remember one truly shocking call going our way. I can remember about 8 that live long in the memory as just beyond belief. But my old fella says we've never been lucky (if luck ever had anything to do with it).

clattenburg poll and collina take some beating but for me it is still clive thomas. Remember the FA cup was a massive prize back then and in context we were coming from behind to win 3-2 in itself a major story against an RS side that was beginning to clock up trophies with scary regularity. It was clear also that he had just guessed a reason to disallow it but he cld never admit it.

40+ years & I can't remember one truly shocking call going our way. I can remember about 8 that live long in the memory as just beyond belief. But my old fella says we've never been lucky (if luck ever had anything to do with it).

Think that's more your memory than anything. tbf. I can name a fair few in a half of that time.

Think that's more your memory than anything. tbf. I can name a fair few in a half of that time.

Go on - when did we get a shocker in our favour? A real shocker where we "robbed" the oppos thanks to the ref. It'll have to be one that matters as well - not the 3rd goal in a 3-0 romp.

Status
Not open for further replies.