Worst performance in our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no. We weren’t going to win at Anfield. We had a good first half and didn’t take advantage. Game over.
This, It's all a bit angry reactionary thinking at the minute, We should have been 3-0 up in the first half.
2nd half they just kept the ball and didn't give us a sniff and scored a worldie, It's embarrassing but we should have seen the game out in the first 45.

Every last one of that starting 11 should never set foot onto a football shirt wearing an Everton shirt again. I'd honestly play the kids for the remainder.

Absolute disgrace to our football club. Speechless to how bad that was.

THIS

Could’ve been two or three up at half-time. Had a bad second-half. It’s not the end of the world get over it. We were in the relegation zone two or three weeks ago and we were playing the European and world champions.
We changed our manager because we were so bad. What makes anybody think we were going to win now after 20 years of not winning there. Get a grip.
Are you for real that’s got to be the worst derby loss I can ever remember just a complete embarrassment club should be totally ashamed every single person that works for Everton should be cringing

Are you for real that’s got to be the worst derby loss I can ever remember just a complete embarrassment club should be totally ashamed every single person that works for Everton should be cringing
We had several had chances in the first half, then were poor in the second half.
We shipped four goals last time to another makeshift LFC.
I’m not happy that we lost, but I have seen far far worse. Remember the kast Martinez Derby?
Dear god that was bad.
Also, they seem to be reserving world class goals for us. Up to that point we were under pressure, but they weren’t creating clear cut chances. After that, heads went down and we capitulated.
As I said though, we’ve been far far worse.

People are talking about chances in the first half. Let’s be realistic about them, we pumped king balls up and Calvert Lewin basically caused a b it of carnage amongst a back 4 of kids that had never played together. It wasn’t great football. Any premier league defence would have swept it up easily and Van Dijk wouldn’t have even broken a sweat.

Not even close to being our worst performance.
I understand your point Danny and to some extent you're right that it may not be our worst performance, when you consider the purest meaning of the phrase.

Yet, you could argue that it's a case of semantics to say it isn't, when you consider the calibre of the opposition XI, the match's importance and meaning to us.

Combine that with our own shambolic performance, well there are many worst performance that I can remember or at least not ones that have hurt so much.

The horrific game versus Wigan, which came to mind straight away, will not be remembered in such a negative (well, terrible) light as this evening's game will.

I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions and dwelling in sorrow, but today was a low, low point: we had a chance to clear our voodoo and we capitulated.

We were embarrassing and they will rightfully use this against us for a long, long time. So all in one, for me it's the worst performance in a long time I can remember.

People are talking about chances in the first half. Let’s be realistic about them, we pumped king balls up and Calvert Lewin basically caused a b it of carnage amongst a back 4 of kids that had never played together. It wasn’t great football. Any premier league defence would have swept it up easily and Van Dijk wouldn’t have even broken a sweat.

I was underwhelmed by the first half, but we could have easily been 5 up had we taken care in front of goal. That was what should have happened in the 2nd half. Somehow we performed worse in the 2nd half.

Sections of today were absolutely mindless. I try not to knee-jerk but hard to avoid. There was a moment where Richarlinson wasn't strong enough, was dispossessed, chased the man down, hacked him down outside of our box out of petulance in a dangerous area. It summed up all that was wrong with today. No discipline, not aggression, not common sense, not tactical or game acumen.

Its got to be right up there hasn't it.....especially with it being the main game of the day on BBC and around the world.
I'm not sure how I feel right now after that:
Angry? Embarassed? Disappointed? Sad? Probably just incredibly numbed to it all to be honest. NOT ACCEPTABLE and I have a horrible feeling that the majority of these including our new manager are all just here for the cash with no connection or passion at all for the badge and no light I can see at the end of the tunnel.

Its actualy up there as one of them. Cant believe im still trying to analyze it as every bone in my body is trying to forget it already. A red said to me yersterday we would win because of their probable line up. I tongue in cheek said they could start alan hansen at the back and still win.
Two things i see. One is an inferior complex. Today proved that more than anything. There is no belief we can go there and win. Even when they put out a weaker side.
The other is mentality. Despite the above about inferior complex the mentality today was disgusting. It looked like they thought we are the first team. These are the squad team. We can beat these without showing any fight. Any desire.
Today is one of those days you want a divorce from Everton. It was that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.