Worst Interview Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sort of post makes me sick...I never knew Everton supporters could be like this. I think I should stop reading Everton forums, full of bitter blues.

Well Ok but IF that article is a true(ish) reflection of Moyes's thoughts it doesn't look rosy does it? I think there is more than enough there to worry a blue.

Personally I agree with the poster who mentioned the "I've taken the club as far as I could..." line of thought.

I've heard Moyes sounding angry, frustrated, bitter.. but never before have I heard him sounding RESIGNED.

HE IS BACKED BY THE BOARD.

Why else would we try to buy Mouitnho?

Even if we only have £16 million (which is unlikely as we bid £14 million before we even sold johnson) It's Moyes' fault we havnt signed anyone. He has the money, like everyone has said, including Moyes, Kenwright and Ross. Around £25 million id think, possibly more, possibly less. But he has money.

Its his fault we havnt signed anyone, and thats why hes saying things like "transfers is more difficult than a couple of year ago" etc...

Dont blame the board because you like Moyes too much. Otherwise you'll be like every kipper on the Bluekipper forum.
Show me proof of the the board backing him this summer..

Other than a very low bid for moutinho we've been in for noone

I think its a case of you sideing with the board more tbh

Moyes is off and will use the classic 'I took the club as far as I could' line. In other words, the board couldn't provide the funds to break into the top four.
Yup its looking like a parting of the ways is on the cards sooner rather than later tbh

The interview was very depressing to read

With 10 days left we have a Manager saying we needed 7 players but may not get anyone now. We've a board who have gone silent and a general acceptance that the club is imploding. We will go to WBA today with possibly 9 experienced pros.

Forget whether you blame Moyes, Kenwright, Ross, Wyness or whoever , in a real business , every last one of them would have been drummed out for gross mismanagement. To end up with not enough employees to achieve the results required of your business is always something that should get you fired. And the bull about the changing world of transfers is also unacceptable. It is the same for everyone - the world changes and you adapt or die. Our club chose to die.

So I've no sympathy for any of them. They all got us into this mess and all the interviews/rumours suggest nobody has the ability to manage us out of it. We'd be be better off with a new board and manager as it could never be worse than it is right now. We've pissed away a strong position in May to become a bottom 6 team after 1 match. [Poor language removed] them all(n).

Well Ok but IF that article is a true(ish) reflection of Moyes's thoughts it doesn't look rosy does it? I think there is more than enough there to worry a blue.

Personally I agree with the poster who mentioned the "I've taken the club as far as I could..." line of thought.

I've heard Moyes sounding angry, frustrated, bitter.. but never before have I heard him sounding RESIGNED.
I agree that could well happen, but what can we do about it. Blackburn fans lost Mark Hughes, a terrific manager. Blackburn fans were probably saying the same thing we are, they've been cemented as a top10 side but dont have financial power to go further. I think its wrong to attack the club with such disgraceful insults, because they dont have money and cant find the right type of investors.

With 10 days left we have a Manager saying we needed 7 players but may not get anyone now. We've a board who have gone silent and a general acceptance that the club is imploding. We will go to WBA today with possibly 9 experienced pros.

Forget whether you blame Moyes, Kenwright, Ross, Wyness or whoever , in a real business , every last one of them would have been drummed out for gross mismanagement. To end up with not enough employees to achieve the results required of your business is always something that should get you fired. And the bull about the changing world of transfers is also unacceptable. It is the same for everyone - the world changes and you adapt or die. Our club chose to die.

So I've no sympathy for any of them. They all got us into this mess and all the interviews/rumours suggest nobody has the ability to manage us out of it. We'd be be better off with a new board and manager as it could never be worse than it is right now. We've pissed away a strong position in May to become a bottom 6 team after 1 match. [Poor language removed] them all(n).

so are you saying they should have signed a load of players that are not of the standard that they or we desired, leaving not enough left for the ones they/we want, who would also then not play but still need to be payed, i suppose then you could've thrown that at them along with is this the best you can do , you signed shoite etc etc etc etc.
has the tactic of the anti brigade now turned to this now that kirkby has been called in ?
i think that you are all throwin' as much sh1te as you can on the premise that if you throw enough then some will stick.
also in the real world if you have so much disdain for a business then you wouldn't give them your patronage, i suggest that at the moment with the way you are feeling the team would be better off without your support or lack of as it will no doubt affect them on the pitch. we all laughed at the rs last year and the way the fans turned and it affected their performances and now we are going down the same road.

I agree that could well happen, but what can we do about it. Blackburn fans lost Mark Hughes, a terrific manager. Blackburn fans were probably saying the same thing we are, they've been cemented as a top10 side but dont have financial power to go further. I think its wrong to attack the club with such disgraceful insults, because they dont have money and cant find the right type of investors.

All valid points but Blackburn still manage to sign players. Their Manager went leaving a solid club behind. Moyes would be leaving a club left in turmoil. Anyway, we used to aspire to be better than Blackburn , didn't we?

XXX manager XXX says time is running out to sign a striker before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.
XXX have been linked with a host of strikers in recent weeks, notably XXX.
"I am less optimistic than I was," said XXX, who had vowed to sign a striker for the start of the season.
"We have 11 days left before the transfer deadline and we are working at something, you never know in football."
Fill in the XXX's.

Then go and have a look here:
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=YELL.L&t=1y
and here:
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=JPR.L&t=1y

Both previously widely-respected companies who are being penalised for debt levels during a credit crunch.

Do you a) think EFC has a better or worse debt to equity or income level than those companies, and b ) do you think the club is more or less attractive than the above companies to any investor?

Do you think that the pool of potential investors has increased or decreased during the last year?

Do you think the amount of money any investor has to play with has increased or decreased during the last 12 months?

Do you think that the amount of money that our current investors have available to invest has increased or decreased during the last 12 months?

Do you think that the amount of debt incurred by the club to finance previous transfers has increased or decreased in the last 12 months?

To be absolutely honest, I can understand why DM is pissed off and also why he hasn't yet walked. Because, as opposed to those who have an answer based on a deep understanding of a cracked copy of Football Manager, he is an intelligent man who knows the situation: that finances are currently catastrophic overall and that clubs without a current cash-rich sponsor are finding it equally difficult to compete because it is almost impossible to mortgage their current income for any more debt (and because we as a club have anyway little left to mortgage).

"Go and get me a rich billionaire" may work in our private fantasies but in real life should have left behind at puberty.

This sort of post makes me sick. The situation right now is all based on opinion because there are no facts, therefore dont tell me I'm ruining this club by having my own views.

Another post that I cant bare to read anymore. 1000000times over people have said this, there is more evidence against this than for it and Kirkby was an excellent idea for the amount of cash we're on at the moment - I'm not getting into an argument about that.

Finally this post, the worst of them all, how about waiting for some [Poor language removed] results. Secondly, you're implying that this club is [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] and its not, I [Poor language removed] love it, its about the football, the results, the game, not the amount of players we manage to get in, thats just the improvement area. A club doesnt suddenly become garbage and [Poor language removed] all because they've signed no1, we're one game into the season for [Poor language removed] sake.

I never knew Everton supporters could be like this. I think I should stop reading Everton forums, full of bitter blues.

Ever get the feeling you've been conned?*

*(c) J Lydon

Status
Not open for further replies.