Worst Individual Performances at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Iwobi have proper shockers at Goodison in recent years, but was just thinking then and remembered the very worst Goodison performances from either side I can think of (beyond obvious ones like Nyarko/Koldrup) - it's this disasterclass from Paul McShane.

Terrible defender who had a career solely off somehow starting at United's academy.

What's the worst one-off individual performance you've witnessed at home?

This was my youngest lad's first Goodison game, unfortunately he thought it would be like that all of the time........he soon learned.

As with a few others, The Prince of Pointers gets my vote for his display in the Wigan QF. Wasn't it his last outing as an Everton player, too?
With respect to visiting players, Chris Woods was just abject the day we beat Soton 7-1 and Speed scored a hat trick. That Simon Elliott display in 2010 was amazing, we had a lad from Spain sitting with us that match and tears were flowing down his face due to the crowd's reaction.

I've seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Iwobi have proper shockers at Goodison in recent years, but was just thinking then and remembered the very worst Goodison performances from either side I can think of (beyond obvious ones like Nyarko/Koldrup) - it's this disasterclass from Paul McShane.

Terrible defender who had a career solely off somehow starting at United's academy.

What's the worst one-off individual performance you've witnessed at home?

How Paul McShane made it in professional football is beyond me.

The day I realised categorically that Rooney was finished was that United game on New Year’s Day when we got beat 2-0. It was embarrassing watching him running around wheezing pretending to be a midfielder.

Tony Thomas making his debut against Palace; was absolutely soaking wet after 5 minutes because he was an unfit, 3rd division waster. Got the arse tore out of him by the bald Italian
D1ABE847-046E-49B0-9EC6-6F81DCBE02A8.jpeg

Soz like. Tbf, that was one of the best Palace performances from an individual I’ve ever seen, home or away, since 1968.

View attachment 133990
Soz like. Tbf, that was one of the best Palace performances from an individual I’ve ever seen, home or away, since 1968.
We find a lot of people say that about their teams on the odd visit to Goodison. Teams often seem to find their feet like strikers who haven’t found the net for a while , I think one of your old boys chris Armstrong might have scored his spurs first and a dodgy passport bloke at Blackburn got his only one also some ridiculously long named fella at Norwich maybe ? It’s not undermining your performance it’s just us well being Everton .

We find a lot of people say that about their teams on the odd visit to Goodison. Teams often seem to find their feet like strikers who haven’t found the net for a while , I think one of your old boys chris Armstrong might have scored his spurs first and a dodgy passport bloke at Blackburn got his only one also some ridiculously long named fella at Norwich maybe ? It’s not undermining your performance it’s just us well being Everton .
Efan Ekoku the Norwich fella?
Lombardo was streets above anything ever seen in a Palace shirt in fitness, attitude and skill. He must have wondered what on Earth he had done!lol

Efan Ekoku the Norwich fella?
Lombardo was streets above anything ever seen in a Palace shirt in fitness, attitude and skill. He must have wondered what on Earth he had done!lol
Yeah He got a hat trick at goodison but I think Ricky van wolfwinkle only scored one goal for Norwich in 20 appearances whilst grabbi got his first for Blackburn honestly mate I could go on .

Status
Not open for further replies.