worst ever tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I might well have this wrong but I thought Steven's tackle on Beglin was a complete accident. Dreadful injury for Beglin but I'm sure there was no malice from Steven's.
It may well have been careless rather than malicious but it was still an over the ball tackle, and Stevens was a good enough player not to make tackles like that.

It may well have been careless rather than malicious but it was still an over the ball tackle, and Stevens was a good enough player not to make tackles like that.

....I agree that he wasn't the type, if I remember rightly he was travelling at real pace when he made contact with Beglin.

I always thought with Marwood's tackle on Inchy, that it was partly Inchy's fault for putting his foot over the ball. I know Marwood was distraught to be thought a thug, never had a bad reputation.

....I agree that he wasn't the type, if I remember rightly he was travelling at real pace when he made contact with Beglin.
I think it seemed worse because Beglin had real promise and that tackle meant he was never the player he could have been.

I think it seemed worse because Beglin had real promise and that tackle meant he was never the player he could have been.

....it was a really bad injury (compound fracture I think) but to be fair I don't remember too much fuss about it afterwards, particularly as it was a Derby match.

....it was a really bad injury (compound fracture I think) but to be fair I don't remember too much fuss about it afterwards, particularly as it was a Derby match.
There wasn't as much fuss made in those days generally. If you look at Shawcross' tackle on Ramsey, the fallout from that has dragged on for years and it was a total accident!

When that Leeds player tried to remove Sandy Brown's head also the Willie bell attempt at sterilising Derek Temple.

Might also consider when Gary Stevens broke Gary Ablett's leg.

Its a good job any West Ham fans aren't reading this thread, as according to most of them, McCarthy's tackle on Payet last November at Upton Park was actually the cause of global poverty, Aids and the next world war.

Status
Not open for further replies.