worst ever tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Souness one in Europe without a doubt.

It wasn't even a tackle it was assault. Was crying at the bit where straight after he went down on one knee to complain to the ref to show the ref the back of his leg as though he'd be maimed in the process.
That bit is classic. 'Jas look! Tha wee bastad took ma leg off! Look at it!'

Bardsley on Pienaar was pretty bad. You could see Pienaar's leg bend but luckily it didn't break.

Two that stick in my mind were Jimmy Case on Geoff Nulty, and Gary Stevens on Jim Beglin. Souness committed a few, as did Rioch when he played for us. That Gerrard on Naismith one was a sh**house challenge, typical of the kind of team they have become in the last 15 years.

...I might well have this wrong but I thought Steven's tackle on Beglin was a complete accident. Dreadful injury for Beglin but I'm sure there was no malice from Steven's.

..Dave McKay. I can still see that tackle now. McKay was proper hard and Husband was never quite the same after that.
That's the one mate,couldn't think,you are quite right, that just about finished him.i still shudder now when I recall it.

Two that stick in my mind were Jimmy Case on Geoff Nulty, and Gary Stevens on Jim Beglin. Souness committed a few, as did Rioch when he played for us. That Gerrard on Naismith one was a sh**house challenge, typical of the kind of team they have become in the last 15 years.

Case on Nulty was awful.I remember it well. Still sickens me. The same day that Dixie Dean died.

It's got to be @Fat Stan on Martinez.
Not a particularly bad tackle in itself, more of a snide little trip with a leg that was casually dangled from his seat on the fence.
But it led to complete and utter carnage as half the team piled in with some vicious studs up two footed shockers.

Fashanu and vinnie Jones on Gary Stevens of Spurs
That fella that butted Stuart Pearce playing for England
Gerrard v us many a time why nobody went through him I don't know
Lee sharpe on Andre Kanchelsis
But the worse-oh Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy JimmyJimmy Jimmy shith..se Case

Status
Not open for further replies.