worst ever tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
Just looking at the infamous Harwood on Heath foul on another thread and then Reid's act of retribution got me thinking about the worst foul tackles I can remember seeing. Actually I wouldn't put Marwoods amongst them - though i would include Reids.

I'd also include Ratcliffe on Lerby when he took him off at the knee in the cup winners cup semi at GP; Case on Nulty in a 70s derby game; Keane on that Scandinavian guy ; and Gerrard on Naismith at Anfield. I can also remember a notorious absolute shocker by Souness when playing for Rangers. In todays football the perpetrators would all have been banned for life!

Two that stick in my mind were Jimmy Case on Geoff Nulty, and Gary Stevens on Jim Beglin. Souness committed a few, as did Rioch when he played for us. That Gerrard on Naismith one was a sh**house challenge, typical of the kind of team they have become in the last 15 years.

mrb85 I think Souness would have a fair number in the top ten, I think the one you mean was a European game where Souness nearly ripped off the guys crown jewels, he was also sent off in his first game for Rangers where he raked the leg of a Hibs forward called George McCluskey.

Closer to home Gerrard I'm sure left his foot in on Hibbert in a Derby match but remained on the pitch as usual.

Loved Reidy being the enforcer in our midfield he was as hard as nails but what a footballer he was, how we could do with a midfield general with his strength, power and commitment now.

mrb85 I think Souness would have a fair number in the top ten, I think the one you mean was a European game where Souness nearly ripped off the guys crown jewels, he was also sent off in his first game for Rangers where he raked the leg of a Hibs forward called George McCluskey.

Closer to home Gerrard I'm sure left his foot in on Hibbert in a Derby match but remained on the pitch as usual.

Loved Reidy being the enforcer in our midfield he was as hard as nails but what a footballer he was, how we could do with a midfield general with his strength, power and commitment now.

Reidy was hard but I never remember him crocking anyone deliberately. Just never shirked a tackle. He was Makelele before the guy existed!

That Souness one in Europe without a doubt.

It wasn't even a tackle it was assault. Was crying at the bit where straight after he went down on one knee to complain to the ref to show the ref the back of his leg as though he'd be maimed in the process.

Anyone enlighten me,Surs player on Jimmy Husband. ? Never seen anything like it,Jimmy Husband came down like a rag doll,unbelievible tackle.

The Rat raking his studs down the back of Disdin's calf.

He almost broke Kev in half in the same game.

Then there was Kev exacting revenge in the 3-3 derby.

Leonardo's elbow on someone in the world cup. And Keegan, commentating, saying it wasn't a sending off....because he was trying to sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.