Worrying before 'it' happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swore I was not even looking at the net until Sep 1st and would get my transfer news from Ceefax. Got sucked in and read this thread with interest. I learned:

1) Everything is either under control at EFC or completely messed up beyond redemption depending on your point of view.
2) We will beat Blackburn on Saturday irrespective of your view on point 1
3) We definitely need to sign 6 or 8 good players by Aug 31st or we are screwed no matter what your view now.
4) When people have different points of view about their club things get a little personal especially on forums as in the pub you get drunk and agree to move on. You definitely don't remember what was said last year!
5) Channel 4 might pay good money for a Big Brother house full of Evertonians as there would be carnage for the whole month of August provided daily transfer updates were sent in.
6) I really wish I could fast forward to Sept 1st to see if it's Ghost and the pessimists who are saying they got it wrong. Hope so but don't think so.

Oh mark my words.

I'll be bumping threads quicker than the mods can shut me down.

Just you watch. :D

I am an optimist...

...but even I'm not sure how we'll set up on Saturday - based on players available and their natural position: 6-3-1.

Should be good for a clean sheet at least.

:blink:

Danny im with you 100%, Im a self confessed i wouldnt say optimist but realist based on expierence and what Moyes/Kenright have done in the transfer market togehter. Alot of people are feeling-thinking-panicing and reacting on here at the moment.

You can bang on about conspirocy therois ,the board balh, blah, blah, blah. What it comes down to simply is do you trust David Moyes armed with money to decide whats best to improve the team.

I do!

Saddly many dont!

I think a lot of people have failed to have faith in the manager or the club this season, many say the optimists are burying our heads in the sand. Actually everything we are saying is based on fact. The fact that since Moyes took over he has goten a bigger and bigger transfer pot, The fact that year on year he has improved the squad, so that is based on the evidence of history, see were im goiing with this, aroutine developing perhaps.

I think some people are really going to be embarrased in the coming weeks, but no doubht they will have there should have happened in July posts and didnt want to pay wages blah blah blah!

If it was down to us on here to run and manage the team we would be well in leauge two by now.

Last edited:

could it be that it's all being left to the last min to

1/ avoid paying their wages for training at finch

2/ avoid interest on the cash we are obviously borrowing

could be quite a bit of dough over a month

Danny im with you 100%, Im a self confessed i wouldnt say optimist but realist based on expierence and what Moyes/Kenright have done in the transfer market togehter. Alot of people are feeling-thinking-panicing and reacting on here at the moment.

You can bang on about conspirocy therois ,the board balh, blah, blah, blah. What it comes down to simply is do you trust David Moyes armed with money to decide whats best to improve the team.

I do!

Saddly many dont!

I think a lot of people have failed to have faith in the manager or the club this season, many say the optimists are burying our heads in the sand. Actually everything we are saying is based on fact. The fact that since Moyes took over he has goten a bigger and bigger transfer pot, The fact that year on year he has improved the squad, so that is based on the evidence of history, see were im goiing with this, aroutine developing perhaps.

I think some people are really going to be embarrased in the coming weeks, but no doubht they will have there should have happened in July posts and didnt want to pay wages blah blah blah!

If it was down to us on here to run and manage the team we would be well in leauge two by now.

Well mate, I just see it differently. Its not knee jerk reacting with me, I don't think I will be embarassed in a few weeks time. As far as I'm concerned the damage has been done. There is no way that this would have been allowed to get this far if there wasn't something seriously wrong.

Answer me this, why has the manager not come out and made a comment based on the Pienaar injury? Why have all the recent chats been from Steve Round, Jags, Lescott and Arteta?

Where is our fearful leader?

Why did Cal get told by Kenwright that there will be 3 signings by the end of the week? Was he talking this week or last? If this week, then its still very late, and he has failed his manager.

Its not all conspiracy theories, but you don't end a season and then not strengthen whatsover in the ten weeks following that date. It doesn't happen, especially when all the noises have been about taking the opportunity to really push for the top 4.

I don't think any of us who are a little ticked off at the moment, are doing so unjustified. Its a terrible state of affairs, we are playing catch up from day one, when we really didn't need to.

Unless, something is going on. Moyes is going and Kenwright is unwilling to allow him the money because he knows this. Call it a conspiracy theory - couldn't care less, all I know is that something is not right.

Well mate, I just see it differently. Its not knee jerk reacting with me, I don't think I will be embarassed in a few weeks time. As far as I'm concerned the damage has been done. There is no way that this would have been allowed to get this far if there wasn't something seriously wrong.

Answer me this, why has the manager not come out and made a comment based on the Pienaar injury? Why have all the recent chats been from Steve Round, Jags, Lescott and Arteta?

Where is our fearful leader?

Why did Cal get told by Kenwright that there will be 3 signings by the end of the week? Was he talking this week or last? If this week, then its still very late, and he has failed his manager.

Its not all conspiracy theories, but you don't end a season and then not strengthen whatsover in the ten weeks following that date. It doesn't happen, especially when all the noises have been about taking the opportunity to really push for the top 4.

I don't think any of us who are a little ticked off at the moment, are doing so unjustified. Its a terrible state of affairs, we are playing catch up from day one, when we really didn't need to.

Unless, something is going on. Moyes is going and Kenwright is unwilling to allow him the money because he knows this. Call it a conspiracy theory - couldn't care less, all I know is that something is not right.
Sadly I think you are on the right lines,Moyes must be aware of the unrest and murmuring going on ,So if every thing was dicky dory why would our leader not get his manager to dispel at least some of the gloom a smiling Dave saying its alright lads I'm happy with the transfer budget and the terms of my contract are fine in fact I signed it before this interview.more Likely Bill is saying come on Dave be a mate sooth the restless rabble to which Dave will reply [Poor language removed] off you tight wad ,Ghost is [Poor language removed] right,lol

I'm not worried about players, I do think we'll get the players we need but for me we've been very unorganised this summer. We've left it very late which could hurt us. Players take time to settle into teams and adapt to the English League. Then there's formation and tactics that have to be chopped and changed to suit the new players coming in.

The fact that we didnt even have a backup plan incase we picked up injuries is also very annoying, Pienaar, Van der Meyde, Cahill and Hibber are all injured and we could potentially have a left back on the wing against Blackburn, a centre half in midfield and a bench full of kids.

I appreaciate that Moyes is looking for a higher quality of player, but even a loan would have been a good move. Just in case the injuries occured. Unorganised management from top to bottom in my opinion.

I'm not worried about players, I do think we'll get the players we need but for me we've been very unorganised this summer. We've left it very late which could hurt us. Players take time to settle into teams and adapt to the English League. Then there's formation and tactics that have to be chopped and changed to suit the new players coming in.

The fact that we didnt even have a backup plan incase we picked up injuries is also very annoying, Pienaar, Van der Meyde, Cahill and Hibber are all injured and we could potentially have a left back on the wing against Blackburn, a centre half in midfield and a bench full of kids.

I appreaciate that Moyes is looking for a higher quality of player, but even a loan would have been a good move. Just in case the injuries occured. Unorganised management from top to bottom in my opinion.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/hit+the+nail+on+the+head

I totaly understand were your coming from mate. But we should never have been in this situation in the first place. At the end of the season every one knew we were very sort on numbers. Now the season is apon us, it's even worse. Any company worth it's sault would have rectified the situation. We have'nt even started.

3-0 over B'burn would be great, but just papers over the cracks.
Good post the simple fact is this its called "close season or pre season" for a reason,to get bods in get them gelled and working as a unit for the big kick off this hasnt happened and IMO its rather unprofessional at best for club thats done pretty well over the last couple of years

Ive far to much respect for you to have a go mate, i respect your opinion i just dont agree with it.

I know its not a knee jerk reaction, you were as optimistic as the rest of us up untill a couple of weeks ago.

I dont think the damage has been done at all, people are banging on about Blackburn but we can still feild a pretty strong team, some faith in it wouldbe nice though, others dont i personally do!

Not that im saying we are going to loose, but the fact remains even if we did there is still another 37 games in the season so i wouldnt be getting my coat or jacket just yet. Many people dismiss the young players as unproven well theres only one way they are going to get proven really isnt there.

If it came down to a test of signing a Davies now or a Mouthino before the transfer window closes i think we are making the right choice at chipping away at deals rather then just gettiing easy options in. The last time i checked our moto was N.S.N.O.

I think your expierence with a cetain club representive has soured your faith in the club, but hes basicly a mouth peice not a high roller within the club. so i would hate for you to loose the faith mate!

I think Moyes hasnt been out answering questions because he knows that hes only going to be asked about when players are coming in and he cant be arsed truth be known, or to phrase it better is focussing soley on the Blackburn game.

Im not saying Bill didnt say what he did to Cal, but i doubht A premiership Chairmen would shout a factual transfer strategy out a car window driving up Goodison road on a match day. Besides its only Weds, we just persumed they would be in before Blackburn.

To be honest mate the only thing to suggest that we are not trying to sign players or are not trying to sign players is the fact that we havnt signed anyone. All the noises from everyone in the club is that we are, and that we have money. If you think they are all liers then we have quotes from Peter Risdale about Ramsey, We have Mbia saying that we have bid for him, We have CSKA saying that the negotioations they are in with us are not about a loan deal, and we have Sporting saying that we put a bid in for Mouthino. All of these are facts which would suggest theres money in the pot but the only delay is the type of player we are going for clubs dont want to sell.

Fact is we have confirmed we are trying to sign players, theres money there to it, other clubs and the players themselves are stating we are trying to sign their players. It doesnt fit in with many of the conspirocy theories!

People are just pissed of waiting, simple as really! But im glad we are not signing the Nicky Shoreys or Justyn Hoytes of this world and sticking to our guns for quality. It will serve us wellin the long run.

As i said before you either have faith in Moyes or you dont, i do. Its not the first time hes doent his he wont sign players for the sake of it!

Im not and i reapat not the least bit worried or concerend.;)

Ive far to much respect for you to have a go mate, i respect your opinion i just dont agree with it.

I know its not a knee jerk reaction, you were as optimistic as the rest of us up untill a couple of weeks ago.

I dont think the damage has been done at all, people are banging on about Blackburn but we can still feild a pretty strong team, some faith in it wouldbe nice though, others dont i personally do!

Not that im saying we are going to loose, but the fact remains even if we did there is still another 37 games in the season so i wouldnt be getting my coat or jacket just yet. Many people dismiss the young players as unproven well theres only one way they are going to get proven really isnt there.

If it came down to a test of signing a Davies now or a Mouthino before the transfer window closes i think we are making the right choice at chipping away at deals rather then just gettiing easy options in. The last time i checked our moto was N.S.N.O.

I think your expierence with a cetain club representive has soured your faith in the club, but hes basicly a mouth peice not a high roller within the club. so i would hate for you to loose the faith mate!

I think Moyes hasnt been out answering questions because he knows that hes only going to be asked about when players are coming in and he cant be arsed truth be known, or to phrase it better is focussing soley on the Blackburn game.

Im not saying Bill didnt say what he did to Cal, but i doubht A premiership Chairmen would shout a factual transfer strategy out a car window driving up Goodison road on a match day. Besides its only Weds, we just persumed they would be in before Blackburn.

To be honest mate the only thing to suggest that we are not trying to sign players or there is something sinister within the club, is the fact that we havnt signed anyone. All the noises from everyone in the club is that we are, and that we have money, and contracts etc will be signed.

If you think they are all liers then we have quotes from Peter Risdale about Ramsey. We have Mbia saying that we have bid for him. We have CSKA saying that the negotioations they are in with us are not about a loan deal and we have Sporting saying that we put a bid in for Mouthino. All of these are facts which would suggest theres money in the pot but the only delay is the type of player we are going for clubs dont want to sell. agian they are also an indeication that Moyes aint going anywhere, as confirmed by who? David Moyes himself. Factamundo

Fact is we have confirmed we are trying to sign players, theres money there to it, other clubs and the players themselves are stating we are trying to sign their players. It doesnt fit in with many of the conspirocy theories really does it!

People are just pissed of waiting, simple as really! But im glad we are not signing the Glen Littles, Nicky Shoreys or Justyn Hoytes of this world and sticking to our guns for quality we have endured signing like that for far to long we did our Kilbane years. The chipping away at quality players will serve us wellin the long run.

As i said before you either have faith in Moyes or you dont, i do. Its not the first time hes done this, his he wont sign players for the sake of it!

Im not and i reapat not the least bit worried or concerend.;)

;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.