World cup wishlist thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentator saying he's going to be a special talent.......makes it a harder job for us to get him.
Cam we offer Klaassen in part exchange plus cash?........probably not!!

Players will give it their all for their country but not half as much on a club level. You won't see someone not pulling their weight in a world cup because it's not like they can transfer to another team. This is the only part of international football that trumps club football.

Carillo looked pretty decent, Some of the Icelandic players looked pretty decent too.
Surprisingly I wasn't impressed by any of the Argentinian squad.

That's because they're entirely reliant on Messi.

Yes, Aguero, Higuain and Dybala (and Icardi, if ever picked) can produce moments of magic, while Di Maria is good on his day, but Sampaoli - and other managers before him - have no idea how to mould it together.

They've got no system and a rank bad defence (the players themselves aren't poor, but the organisation is dreadful), while Sampaoli decided to play two holding midfielders (who both can't run and have a combined age of 65) against Iceland.

Gylfi literally ran them ragged, and we all know he isn't exactly quick.

Carillo did play well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva does go back to him. He was a player he wanted to bring with him last year, remember.

If it's a deal that can be done for a loan or whatever, then he'd probably be an improvement on Bolasie.

He was impressive for Watford until the whole thing with Silva happened, and then I'm pretty sure he got an injury.

Btw, I'm not advocating it and I'd be underwhelmed if he was a primary target. But I can imagine him being on a list of options.

I think it's hard to judge any player on the opening game of a world cup. We should be waiting till the group stage is over and everyone has played a few games against varying types of opponent then see who looks good imo.

That's because they're entirely reliant on Messi.

Yes, Aguero, Higuain and Dybala (and Icardi, if ever picked) can produce moments of magic, while Di Maria is good on his day, but Sampaoli - and other managers before him - have no idea how to mould it together.

They've got no system and a rank bad defence (the players themselves aren't poor, but the organisation is dreadful), while Sampaoli decided to play two holding midfielders (who both can't run and have a combined age of 65) against Iceland.

Gylfi literally ran them ragged, and we all know he isn't exactly quick.
Gylfi had a very decent game, especially considering it's his first game since March. But he didn't exactly run them ragged BT. Come on now:)

Carillo did play well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva does go back to him. He was a player he wanted to bring with him last year, remember.

If it's a deal that can be done for a loan or whatever, then he'd probably be an improvement on Bolasie.

He was impressive for Watford until the whole thing with Silva happened, and then I'm pretty sure he got an injury.

Btw, I'm not advocating it and I'd be underwhelmed if he was a primary target. But I can imagine him being on a list of options.
Carillo was very impressive. Very strong runner with the ball and created havoc in the Danish defence. He reminded me of Sissoko for France in the euros. On that basis I need more convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.