Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then he'll get ragged (on here) for every misplaced pass. A lot of GOT Everton fans are, I can only conclude, not representative of proper Everton fans.
Probably. We get a regular sell out of 39000 and we have about 400 odd GOT moaners.

I think we fell into the trap of playing footie against them early on

We not a possession based side,

Fullback were too high for their counters.

This one's on Sean

I think we fell into the trap of playing footie against them early on

We not a possession based side,

Fullback were too high for their counters.

This one's on Sean
Did we?
From the first whistle they showed more desire to win the ball and to compete. We had a good five minutes in the opening spell but after that it was one way traffic. They put the ball in our net 5 times although two were ruled offside and if Pickford hadn't played reasonably well, it would have been more.

Our formation and tactics were woeful as we simply don't have the players to play that system like Wolves do. Dyche got it badly wrong trying to match Wolves tactics but even so, the players also have to take responsibility. Too many went missing. One, in particular, didn't seem interested at all.

I agree about the full backs being too high and it's on Dyche but we didn't try to play footie as we simply weren't good enough to do so. It was a complete shambles and a slog.

Baffles me why we went 5 at the back TBH. Saw the lineup and knew we'd loose. Haven't and won't watch the highlights. Disappointed to say the least. TF other results went our way for a change
I agree, should’ve had 4 at the back with Gomes, Danjuma or even Dobbin in the 10 slot, we were never going to create chances. Onana seems to be an enigma at the minute, he needs two along side him in midfield.

I know it's all if's and but's...

Pickford
Coleman Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
Patterson Onana McNeil Garner Harrison
Cal-Lewin
Was that todays play? Harrison can't hit a first time cross with his right, so with Doucoure out give McNeil a run to try a through ball? Lock a flank down and play to our strengths instead of being so daft wide open to every run they could time.
That’s not a bad shout Patterson further forward, I think he could do a job there.

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Gary O'Neil asked for his side's match against Everton on 30 December to be moved over workload concerns.

O'Neil said he approached the Premier League about moving the game to the following day but it was not possible.
Despite his worries, Wolves thrashed struggling Everton 3-0 having played three games in six days.

"I'm risking players getting injured by asking them to go again," said O'Neil.

"The league are always fine, there's normally reason why they can't do it.

"They were open to listening to what I spoke about and they looked into it as much as they could but said it was, unfortunately, not possible.

"Three games in six days is tough. You are always playing with someone hurting or not fully recovered.

"It's excessive, to expect them to be at the level they are supposed to be at."

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Gary O'Neil asked for his side's match against Everton on 30 December to be moved over workload concerns.

O'Neil said he approached the Premier League about moving the game to the following day but it was not possible.
Despite his worries, Wolves thrashed struggling Everton 3-0 having played three games in six days.

"I'm risking players getting injured by asking them to go again," said O'Neil.

"The league are always fine, there's normally reason why they can't do it.

"They were open to listening to what I spoke about and they looked into it as much as they could but said it was, unfortunately, not possible.

"Three games in six days is tough. You are always playing with someone hurting or not fully recovered.

"It's excessive, to expect them to be at the level they are supposed to be at."
And we are complaining because our ladies played three times in 10 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.