• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's all if's and but's...

Pickford
Coleman Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
Patterson Onana McNeil Garner Harrison
Cal-Lewin
Was that todays play? Harrison can't hit a first time cross with his right, so with Doucoure out give McNeil a run to try a through ball? Lock a flank down and play to our strengths instead of being so daft wide open to every run they could time.

I’m very disappointed by this performance
Looks like the games have caught up with us. Lacklustre performance, Wolves had all the energy and determination to win the game. Looks like we are desperate for the much less hectic January where the players get some rest and nurse a few back to full fitness.

We had a similar amount of possession to Wolves and a similar number of shots to them (10 to their 12), but they were incredibly clinical and we weren't.

Either way I won't berate our players and our manager given all that they continue to give for this club of ours. In net terms we have spent almost nothing on transfers during these last couple of years and we are missing Doucoure desperately. Despite all this we are still only 2 points behind Chelsea, presuming that the absurdly disproportionate points deduction is rescinded.

Onwards and upwards.

…it wasn’t the defeat, it was the manner of the defeat that was most concerning.

The back 5 worked at Burnley when we had injuries and suspensions to overcome but we came unstuck against superior opposition yesterday. The system allowed Wolves to dominate midfield and exploit the defence with overlap out wide and Hwang’s pace in central areas.

They did. That is indisputable. However, they still have earned 11 points less than us this season. That is also indisputable.
I never said it wasn't. My point was that when they go behind they've still got a chance, we don't look like we've got it in us to come back.

Lack of options , injuries and too many games in a busy period. That was a tired performance, coupled with the wrong tactics on the day.
Dyche said fatigue was a factor,so why not put fresh legs on at half time .make as many changes as possible in the cup, not arsed about it, don't want another nail biting end to the season.

…it wasn’t the defeat, it was the manner of the defeat that was most concerning.

The back 5 worked at Burnley when we had injuries and suspensions to overcome but we came unstuck against superior opposition yesterday. The system allowed Wolves to dominate midfield and exploit the defence with overlap out wide and Hwang’s pace in central areas.
Injuries have left us with a very limited central midfield and it showed yesterday right from the off with missing the energy of Gana Gueye and Doucoure really showed how Dyche has got to get around this midfield paucity.

Status
Not open for further replies.