Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan here. I was hoping that Leeds would go down and you'd stay up, but this afternoon I watched the most disgraceful display of diving that I have ever witnessed at Molineux. Your team is a disgrace and I hope you get relegated.
Hello mate, welcome to the forum. Be sure to post lots and engage in some insightful footballing discussion for us all to enjoy.

Wolves fan here. I was hoping that Leeds would go down and you'd stay up, but this afternoon I watched the most disgraceful display of diving that I have ever witnessed at Molineux. Your team is a disgrace and I hope you get relegated.
I would take a relegation just for the enjoyment of seeing disgruntled wolves fans joining up absolutely gutted about throwing away a lead in the 99th minute of a game that only had that much injury time due to your own teams very dirty tactics.

Enjoy the dizzy heights of 13th and thanks for coming. ;)

HI HO YOU'RE A [Poor language removed]

Don’t think you’ll get too many on here disagreeing with you that our team’s a disgrace!

I thought a draw was a fair result.

You started better and we took the lead against the run of play. After that, we were the better team and you scored when it didn't really seem likely and you didn't deserve. So whilst it was disappointing, fair enough on the whole. You only really looked dangerous when the ball was in the air, but you're in a position where it's only about points not performances, and, as mentioned, you should've gone ahead.

Not sure why you're totally blaming us for the time wasting. Equally so, the Wolves lad above is wrong blaming you. In the ground I was expecting 7/8 minutes, so 9 is hardly outrageous. It is quite weird that Mina would stay down loads for bog-standard fouls because you were losing. Rolling around in agony when you were 1-0 down, didn't get it. But, again, equally so, can understand why Neves' substitution annoyed you.

Thought your fans were poor but your team didn't really give you much to go on after the first goal, and I know people always moan about our away end, just saying.

Probably two sides that will be down the bottom in 12 months time in all honesty unless we make changes.

Shame about Forest, Leeds going down is a good alternative though, so hope they don't win tomorrow and you send them on their way next week.

Sorry to be a downer but man I’m really disheartened after today. Leaving today, I’m not sure we have the ability to beat Bournemouth so we’re entirely dependent on other teams and that makes me sick…
I can only hope what everyone here noticed was also noticed by the staff and there is a new lineup next week.
New line up? Exactly which of the classicos on the bench are u proposing to start.....pretty sure dyche has toyed with the idea of playing 10 player's at this stage

I thought a draw was a fair result.

You started better and we took the lead against the run of play. After that, we were the better team and you scored when it didn't really seem likely and you didn't deserve. So whilst it was disappointing, fair enough on the whole. You only really looked dangerous when the ball was in the air, but you're in a position where it's only about points not performances, and, as mentioned, you should've gone ahead.

Not sure why you're totally blaming us for the time wasting. Equally so, the Wolves lad above is wrong blaming you. In the ground I was expecting 7/8 minutes, so 9 is hardly outrageous. It is quite weird that Mina would stay down loads for bog-standard fouls because you were losing. Rolling around in agony when you were 1-0 down, didn't get it. But, again, equally so, can understand why Neves' substitution annoyed you.

Thought your fans were poor but your team didn't really give you much to go on after the first goal, and I know people always moan about our away end, just saying.

Probably two sides that will be down the bottom in 12 months time in all honesty unless we make changes.

Shame about Forest, Leeds going down is a good alternative though, so hope they don't win tomorrow and you send them on their way next week.
I think time wasting and play acting is just generally an embarrassing part of football these days along with a complete lack of physicality. I watched part of the West Ham vs AZ second leg and was impressed with the officiating - I actually saw some tackles and physical contact without a foul being awarded.

We were just humping balls into the mixer the last 20 minutes and basically got a break at the end.

Agree, a draw was fair. It might have been different had DCL stayed on but then again probably not!

Lots of negative comments about the additional nine minutes added across other platforms, match officials manipulating the game to Everton's advantage, but all of them failing to point out that from about the 75th minute the Wolves players were throwing themselves on the floor, time wasting at every opportunity and Neves doing his lap of honour. During those added minutes Wolves had every chance, equally, to score particularly with their two breaks. Whatever these cretins are smoking build me one!

Exactly.

Them moaning about 9 minutes added on when Neves' takes about 3 minutes to leave the pitch after hugging about 8 of his teammates on the way.

I couldn't believe that a} the referee wasn't urging him to hurry up, or b} one of our players wasn't sprinting towards him and dragging him off the field. It was like he was being taken off in his testimonial, never seen anything like it in a regular league game.

Well, actually I can believe that none of our players decided that over 2 minutes wasn't long enough for him to exit the field of play given the massive lack of leadership or winning mentality amongst our group, but I couldn't believe my eyes.

Disgraceful.

Wolves are a decent side at the moment, so ordinarily a point away from home at Molineux would be an excellent result. And kudos to our fans for continuing to urge our players on right until the very last second. We wouldn't have got a point without them.

But as things stand... our failure to win at Wolves has left the very survival of our club reliant on the results of others. If Leeds win two games we're gone. Equally, if Leicester win two games we are gone.

With Big Sam in charge I really wouldn't bet against Leeds.

We were doing well for 30 mins, but its always hinged on a fit Striker.
Come HT and The Fat Lady is in the wings warming up alright.

 If
When! we Beat Bournemouth (36pts) Leeds will have had to Win Twice to stay up with 37pts and it Goodnight Vienna

If we draw (34pts) Leeds need 1 win from of 2...34pts +GD count back.

Who cares what Leicester does? - doesn't matter if we finish 18th or 19th

It's not lost yet, but Jeez we make hard work of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.