Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
I don't think it's an exaggeration to describe this match as one of the biggest for the club - we've had a few of them since last season - sadly, for all the wrong reasons thanks to the clowns who are the current custodians of our club.

It might look a kinder fixture compared to our relegation rivals in that Wolves are 13th with sod all to play for, but they're very good at home - particularly since the new year. This is their home record in 2023;

Wolves 1-0 Aston Villa
Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace
Wolves 2-0 Brentford
Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

Wolves 2-4 Leeds
Wolves 1-0 Tottenham
Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth
Wolves 3-0 Liverpool
Wolves 1-0 West Ham

Go all out for the win v Wolves, i would do. People saying a draw will do and then win last game, I would rather we stay ahead of the bottom 3 going into the final game, than be in it hoping to win last day and have other results go our way. But i stick to what ive said for weeks that we would win the final day if we needed to win - and a win could also see us safe next week if somehow all results went our way - As if lol

They managed 5 shots with zero on target at the weekend. Thems stats of a team that's on the beach (even away at utd). We can take advantage if we play with the intensity that we showed at Brighton. Into these blues!
We had 5 with 3 on target I believe so yeah, kinda beach time, kinda crap time... lol

They played a random 29 year-old called Dan Bentley in goal v Man United. He was their MOTM despite being on the losing side. You know what happens next...

I don't think it's an exaggeration to describe this match as one of the biggest for the club - we've had a few of them since last season - sadly, for all the wrong reasons thanks to the clowns who are the current custodians of our club.

It might look a kinder fixture compared to our relegation rivals in that Wolves are 13th with sod all to play for, but they're very good at home - particularly since the new year. This is their home record in 2023;

Wolves 1-0 Aston Villa
Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace
Wolves 2-0 Brentford
Wolves 1-0 Chelsea

Wolves 2-4 Leeds
Wolves 1-0 Tottenham
Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth
Wolves 3-0 Liverpool
Wolves 1-0 West Ham
Any team that can get hammered at home by Leeds can be beaten by us.

We had 15 shots when we played away at utd. The game vs city yesterday was over before half time.
We shot at any given opportunity and most of those were the most "one for the stats" shots I've seen in a long time - both McNeil and Gana tried from like 60 yards out or something, didn't they? lol

But yeah, not exactly a great measuring stick was my point.

They managed 5 shots with zero on target at the weekend. Thems stats of a team that's on the beach (even away at utd). We can take advantage if we play with the intensity that we showed at Brighton. Into these blues!
Yeah, this is definitely more about us.

If we play with intensity - and why wouldn't we in our position - we can beat Wolves. They are not a significantly better side than us in the way Man City are. They are fairly mediocre. Sure, they'll damage us if we're passive and make it easy for them, but we have the potential to win here if we play as we know we need to and can.

Status
Not open for further replies.