Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of negative comments about the additional nine minutes added across other platforms, match officials manipulating the game to Everton's advantage, but all of them failing to point out that from about the 75th minute the Wolves players were throwing themselves on the floor, time wasting at every opportunity and Neves doing his lap of honour. During those added minutes Wolves had every chance, equally, to score particularly with their two breaks. Whatever these cretins are smoking build me one!

Sorry to be a downer but man I’m really disheartened after today. Leaving today, I’m not sure we have the ability to beat Bournemouth so we’re entirely dependent on other teams and that makes me sick…
I can only hope what everyone here noticed was also noticed by the staff and there is a new lineup next week.
Echo these sentiments

If both Leeds and Leicester don't win, it was an okay result. But I'm so disappointed in that performance, second half we looked genuinely clueless to how we we're going to get something out of the game, at last a goalkeeper error did. Yet again we can't do a damn favour for ourselves and have to rely on other teams to be worse than us. Absolutely hate that.

Them moaning about 9 minutes added on when Neves' takes about 3 minutes to leave the pitch after hugging about 8 of his teammates on the way.

I couldn't believe that a} the referee wasn't urging him to hurry up, or b} one of our players wasn't sprinting towards him and dragging him off the field. It was like he was being taken off in his testimonial, never seen anything like it in a regular league game.

Well, actually I can believe that none of our players decided that over 2 minutes wasn't long enough for him to exit the field of play given the massive lack of leadership or winning mentality amongst our group, but I couldn't believe my eyes.

Can't even begrudge Forest. They were already in a great position but their home form has kept them up. Can't help but think about the Fulham game. 3pts there would've put us in a great position now. Just hoping and praying really. I won't put Leicester out of it to be honest. Result at Newcastle it becomes a straight knockout between the three of us. Next week is going to be sickly. Ghost of '94. Help us!

If both Leeds and Leicester don't win, it was an okay result. But I'm so disappointed in that performance, second half we looked genuinely clueless to how we we're going to get something out of the game, at last a goalkeeper error did. Yet again we can't do a damn favour for ourselves and have to rely on other teams to be worse than us. Absolutely hate that.
I will get some crap for this but what I admired about the Wolves keeper today was the command of the area. He came and claimed almost all crosses rather than leaving it up to the CB's. That is what I want in a keeper

Just back home from the game. Think I was suffering from a bit of heat stroke and dehydration as the sun was baking in our faces all game. When we scored I almost feinted and had to try very hard not to vomit on my kids. Totally worth it.

Just back home from the game. Think I was suffering from a bit of heat stroke and dehydration as the sun was baking in our faces all game. When we scored I almost feinted and had to try very hard not to vomit on my kids. Totally worth it.
There's people on here who'll now tell you it wasn't worth it to kill your high They cant wait until we're down by the looks of it.

IMO we just ramped up the pressure on Big Sam with that 99 minute equaliser. It change everything for him.

If they only draw tomorrow we'll beat B'mouth final game and survive...all because of that Mina goal.

There's people on here who'll now tell you it wasn't worth it to kill your high They cant wait until we're down by the looks of it.

IMO we just ramped up the pressure on Big Sam with that 99 minute equaliser. It change everything for him.

If they only draw tomorrow we'll beat B'mouth final game and survive...all because of that Mina goal.
In all honesty everyone was bouncing leaving the stadium, but on the drive home I was thinking of all the permutations in my head and started to have a bit of a comedown and worry again 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Status
Not open for further replies.