Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But no one gets the amount of abuse that Tom and Andre get, you know it’s true

Well, I've defended Gomes because at the start of the season he played well. I also think he did well when he came on v Sheff Utd and okayish when he came on against West Ham.

He was awful the other day and awful against Man Utd, though.

He needed time after his injury but he's lost something - an edge - and he's next to useless if he can't keep hold of the ball because, frankly, that's all he usually does well. He isn't an incisive passer and he doesn't score. So if he can't do what we need him to, then that's not good enough.

Davies...

Played well v Arsenal, played well v Sheff Utd. We missed him in there v Man Utd but when he came on he struggled to get into the game.

But he lost his way in the 2nd half v West Ham and was poor again the other day.

Those two players are getting stick because we should be controlling the midfield against Rotherham at home.

Richarlison has been getting tons of stick recently anyway.

I would play the solid back 4 who won 3 in a row over Xmas. I would then go digne and iwobi on the wings. The reason being that we should definitely play digne but it would be dangerous to isolate him again traore so soon after his injury. Then I'd go douc and Davies in the middle and james behind richarlison (if fit) if not tosun

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey
Doucoure Gomes
Iwobi Sigurdsson Bernard
Tosun

Olsen Lossl Coleman Digne Branthwaite Davies James Gordon Richarlison

Bring James, Richarlison and Digne on in 2nd half. If Richarlison not fit enough for bench Simms instead maybe put Nkounkou on bench instead of Lossl.

I’d be happy to see this team

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey
Davies Doucoure
Iwobi James Nkounkou
Richarlison

I know Nkounkou isn’t proven but he offers pace and power

Digne Allan Doucoure James Richarlison DCL

Probably our best players talent wise yet how often have we ahead all of them in the line up? Probably not once since the derby. Maybe the Fulham game also.

Its not just that we have one out. Game after game we consistently have 3 or 4 of these players out at once. That just can’t continue if we want to do anything this season, but once again the pre match conference is that DCL and Richarlison have picked up knocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.