• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olsen
Holgate, Kean, Godfrey
Coleman Douc Davies Digne
Iwobi Tosun James
I would like to see this. People keep asking for the solid back four but we don't create enough going forward with that setup. Coleman and Digne kick start most of our attacking play. We have to improve our defence with these two in the team. This setup could be the answer. Hopefully Richie is fit.

Reckon we're gonna see this tonight

Pickford

Holgate - Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Doucoure - Davies
James - Sigurdsson - Iwobi
Richarlison (Tosun)

Yep very likely - I would prefer to see Gomes than Davies, as I think he is a significantly better player when he has Doucoure next to him, and we are desperate for a player that can pass the ball in midfield (or at least has the ability to do it every now and then).

If Richarlison is out, along with the others already confirmed, could we push Dinge into LM.
I'd take 0-0 if it was offered!

Olsen
Coleman-Keane-Mina-Godfrey
Davies -Dacs-Digne
Iwobi Bernie
Tosun​

Yep very likely - I would prefer to see Gomes than Davies, as I think he is a significantly better player when he has Doucoure next to him, and we are desperate for a player that can pass the ball in midfield (or at least has the ability to do it every now and then).

Can't justify Gomes in the team atm mate and if you look at the United game we got totally overrun with him in there next to Doucoure.

If it's Gomes and Gylfi, Doucoure has a ton more work to get through - and then throw in James on top of that too. One thing Davies does have is a bit of energy, even though physically he's not got much power.

If Richarlison is out, along with the others already confirmed, could we push Dinge into LM.
I'd take 0-0 if it was offered!

Olsen
Coleman-Keane-Mina-Godfrey
Davies -Dacs-Digne
Iwobi Bernie
Tosun​

We look far better with flat back four. Coleman did 120 minutes the other day. No way Digne should be starting this game imo, not after 7 weeks out.

Holgate is genuinely a better option right now at RB than Seamus is.

What Wolves have lost in Jimenez, they still have plenty of pace in Neto and Traore, so we need to sit deep like we did against Leicester or Neves will be able to just drop balls out to the wide players all day.

I would like to see this. People keep asking for the solid back four but we don't create enough going forward with that setup. Coleman and Digne kick start most of our attacking play. We have to improve our defence with these two in the team. This setup could be the answer. Hopefully Richie is fit.

We have James back now that is the difference. The defenders we have don't suit a back three - not helped by not having a natural left-footed CB other than Branthwaite.

No way Digne should be starting today. Not against Traore. He's just no match physically when he's coming back from an injury.

First things first, we need to be tight. Then we need to be able to get on the ball in midfield. James will help that, and he can provide that creative spark, if he's fit.

Bernard/Iwobi, whoever else starts on the other flank, need to be stretching the play. As you say, hopefully Richarlison is fit.

We've tried a 3 at the back and it was awful. We've conceded one goal from open play in our last four Premier League games and it was with that lucky deflection v West Ham.

When we're not fully up to having all of our best players fit, best just to keep it basic and stick with what works. The onus isn't on us tonight to dictate the play.

This is a real bellwether of a match that will point the way for the rest of the league season: win, and you'd have to say we have put together enough good results against peer sides (Arsenal, Leicester, Chelsea, Wolves) to suggest we will be in the top six mix for the rest of the campaign. The evidence will be mounting. Lose, and, conversely, the evidence points to a regression to the mean for a streaky side that can beat Arsenal, Leicester, and Chelsea and follow up with losses to West Ham and Wolves.

I'd be reasonably content with a point tonight. My gut feeling this season has been that we can expect turbulence or a rollercoaster until Carlo has most places on the pitch filled with his lieutenants. Therefore, this points to inconsistency and another disappointing defeat tonight. We'll win more than we lose when we have a full XI, but that'll be a rarity, evidently, so the up and down season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.