Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Away Day blues at it again. 3 massive points. Do fair better against teams that open up against us - probably explains our away form. Onto the CAZOO derby on Sunday!

Everton matchwinner Michael Keane, speaking to Sky Sports:

I thought we showed brilliant character. We had a few players missing today but showed the strength of the squad.
We are a massive threat from set plays. It wins us games so it is massive. I thought the lads did really well, everyone worked their socks off."

On why they are so good away from home:
It is mentality. Staying solid and not conceding a lot of goals. Staying in the game and waiting for the opportunity.
We are nearly halfway through the season now and we have showed the ambition to be up there.

Wolves goalscorer Ruben Neves, speaking to Sky Sports:

Like I said, it's football. About learning and improving.
We need to see the game today and the mistakes. And we need to improve from that. Today I scored but it doesn't matter because we didn't get any points.

We did well enough to get out of here with a result. They scored with their only chance in the second half.
We have a good squad with a lot of quality.

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo, speaking to Sky Sports when asked what went wrong for his side:

Details. Details. Details. It is happening to us, we have to improve set pieces focus.
It was hard because they were very organised, very compact and it required patience. Tough but I think we did well.

Both teams in the second half didn't have too many chances. Very organised and we knew it would require something special. As the game went by we started losing some situations in the offensive part.

It is up to us to find solutions. The boys tried hard. We have to acknowledge this is not the right moment to make mistakes. Hopefully we will have players again joining the group that will make us stronger.

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo, speaking to BBC Sport:
It was small details. First half I think we played a good game and in the second half both sides were very organised, it was just the small detail that we should do better - focus inside the box. That detail cost us the game.

We got a good goal and in the first half I think we had more of the ball and played better but second half was very tight. Both teams were very organised and very compact. The moment we pushed to go for the game we conceded the goal."

How worried about the this run of form are you
Very worried. It is something we know we need to improve but at the same time aware of what is happening and what we have to do for the future."

Last edited:
Digne was brilliant even though he was isolated on the left. Put in some real quality balls and didn’t stop working all game. He got back at the end to put a cracking challenge in inside the back winning the ball. Not bad given he’s not long got back from his injury.
Thought there were few decent crosses put into the box tonight from both wings, would have been a good night for DCL if he had been fit.

Weird but I actually think Doucoure has played better with Allan being out. Of course we're stronger with him in the side but he's definitely stepped up. Please can we leave Davies and Siggy in Liverpool for Villa. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.